SVT Forums

Kenne Bell vs Procharger vs Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 05:46 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

i wish i had the money for turbos but i dont....thats the main prob im having with wanted to get a KB is the price...i personally havent heard the stories of tjhem breaking but before i decide on anything i would like to hear more....
Old 02-04-2009, 06:04 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Friend of mine has a roushcharger on an 06 GT and he likes it just fine. He paid around $7,000 after install.

The Vortech V3 at half the price is looking better all the time.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:21 AM
03svtcobra12
3rd Gear Member

well if money is a concern vortech makes a good product for less cash, friend of mine has a fox body 302 with a vortech and the thing is nasty, good bang for the buck
Old 02-04-2009, 10:31 AM
avexhype
3rd Gear Member

my car peaked at 444rwhp on my vortech. thats $3100 for the FULL kit and supporting fuel, and only tb/plenum, o/r h, lm2's, ebay fmic, and powerpipe as bolt ons. BEAT THAT KB

Last edited by avexhype; 02-04-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

haha that sounds nice do you have to get that tuned by someone or does it come with one also does the kit come with everything you need including good directions...lastley which kit would be a good one it looks like there are bout 3 diff kinds for a 4v 01 cobra
Old 02-04-2009, 11:30 AM
eviligloo
4th Gear Member

If there are any fellow MF'ers around you....take a ride in each and make a decision. I know it sounds stupid...but it's not all about numbers on a page.

I have a roots s/c. It's not the most efficient by any means....but the seat of the pants feel you get from a roots / twin screw is intoxicating. It throws you back in your seat and the sound is simply awesome. In my opinion....KB is the way to go.

Do you go to the track a lot? Strictly 1/4 mile-wise...centri superchargers are better. You won't have a traction problem at the line like the KB guys with loads of horsepower.

Fobra's line was dead on....."you want to feel fast or be fast?"
Old 02-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

well no i dont go to the track once or twice a year maybe....i rode in a gt with a kb and i actually wasnt at all impressed it didnt feel much diff than my cobra right now he said his clutch was gone and boost was low so idk but i have seen many other kb's round and they seem awesome...i know i kid that built his centri from scratch like piece it out instead of a package but i wasnt too impressed by how his car was
Old 02-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

so i havent had good rides with either one
Old 02-04-2009, 04:57 PM
pcs
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MAD SVT
this is exactly the type of infor im looking for, do you know the details to what broke and why? ive heard of them being pushed in their upper boost ranges and breaking, but then again if your trying to get 24lbs of boost outta these things, then you have a whole lot more stuff breaking frequently also.. the rebuilds are relatively inexpensive.

and i live 40 minutes from KB.. so the things ive heard about bad phone customer service dont bother me... not when im standing in front of them!!

But ya, i'd love to hear the horror stories, 7k is alot of money!!
my buds lightning kb broke due to the front bearing seizing up at 15psi, he switched to a whipple and no problems since running 21psi.
a guy i met buying a set of cobra heads from fried his kb from the same place running 18psi on an 03 snake. he also switched to a whipple, that 3.4 is a beast. im not saying go get a whipple b/c last time i checked they didnt make a kit for 99/01 cobras. all im saying is a lot of people talk about kb's being so great but dont even have a blower on their car. much less delt with a kb. kb just cost to much and dont deliver anything to justify their extra $$.
ps: if i want to feel fast, then i would get a ricer car and "deck it out" with cool stickers and spoilers with a big fart can out back.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

hell i aint gettin rice i hope you arent thinking thats the way im going....it also seems like those kb's that broke were running pretty high boost maybe it was over what it was rated idk there is always 2 sides to a story....it looks like the best option for money and product is vortech..

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell vs Procharger vs Vortech