SVT Forums

NEW DYNO NUMBERS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Smokin04
2nd Gear Member

It's not luck, but knowledge. Thanks though.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Smokin04
It's not luck, but knowledge. Thanks though.
at that level it is luck but believe what you want to. Going to that much boost and power on straight pump the question is not if but when man. And no I am not talking out of my *** on this. I also own a turbo 03 and know a thing or 2 about these cars. you are already beyond the true safe limits for pump gas on that car where you are now. Do you know how much timing you are running on that tune by chance? in your dyno videos there was not even anyone listening for detonation at all. it could easily be pinning during those pulls. Honestly depending on where you are from you should really look into e-85. you would definitly have to step up your fuel system a bit but my personal car layed down 805 whp and 887 tq on e-85. theres more there but i ran out of fuel pump. Just some food for though. Nice car and best of luck to ya.

Last edited by Blownsvt; 10-07-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Smokin04
2nd Gear Member

18* of timing.

Everyone has the problem of listening to their own tuner. I've seen my tuner do things that other wannabe tuners cringe at. Fact is, the dude is one of the original 2 tuners in the country. Tuners call him when they get stuck. He tells me we have tons left in my "stock" setup, and we WILL show the world what 93 octane can do. I challenge anyone to find a Mustang that has made 780 rwhp on STRAIGHT 93 octane...EVER. In my 12 years in the mustang world, i cant recall one. The reason most rookie tuners prefer ethanol is the octane safety net. 105 octane is just like tuning with race fuel. Funny thing is, most tuners run 18* on race fuel, where as mine does it with pump. My stock engine has 61K+ miles of abuse at 600+ rwhp and around 8K miles with almost 750 rwhp and I have NEVER run any race gas. Compression tests STILL reveal an un-hurt motor and I continue to drive it daily. I chuckle when i see guys making 785 rwhp on 116 octane and 24 psi with a built motor, ported heads and cams knowing I made 780 on 18 psi and a stock motor and pump gas. And NO it aint the dyno either...

I'm by no means trying to sound snide or cocky, but facts are facts. Dyno variances arent that extreme. I know that if I were to run E85, I would make around 900 rwhp on about 20-21 psi and everyone would still hate on me or doubt the numbers. This is part of the reason that I really don't like the forums. They're so full of haters because their cars with built motors and race fuel couldn't match the power we made on pump gas with a stock motor. All im trying to do is show our community (mustang community) that there are amateurs out there that experiment with YOUR cars, that gain experience on YOUR car...I for one will not go that route.

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick, but almost every guys' desires can be met on pump gas with the right tuner. I'm just trying to be the one that proves it for everyone.

Last edited by Smokin04; 10-19-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:51 PM
S197winstang
3rd Gear Member

That is sick. Congrats.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:26 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Nice numbers but 18* and 18psi on pump gas is living on the edge especially if you get a crappy batch of 93!
Good luck!
Old 10-19-2009, 01:29 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

BTW, who is this tuner?
Old 10-19-2009, 02:14 AM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Cool.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:19 AM
Smokin04
2nd Gear Member

http://www.socaltuning.com
Old 10-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Smokin04
18* of timing.

Everyone has the problem of listening to their own tuner. I've seen my tuner do things that other wannabe tuners cringe at. Fact is, the dude is one of the original 2 tuners in the country. Tuners call him when they get stuck. He tells me we have tons left in my "stock" setup, and we WILL show the world what 93 octane can do. I challenge anyone to find a Mustang that has made 780 rwhp on STRAIGHT 93 octane...EVER. In my 12 years in the mustang world, i cant recall one. The reason most rookie tuners prefer ethanol is the octane safety net. 105 octane is just like tuning with race fuel. Funny thing is, most tuners run 18* on race fuel, where as mine does it with pump. My stock engine has 61K+ miles of abuse at 600+ rwhp and around 8K miles with almost 750 rwhp and I have NEVER run any race gas. Compression tests STILL reveal an un-hurt motor and I continue to drive it daily. I chuckle when i see guys making 785 rwhp on 116 octane and 24 psi with a built motor, ported heads and cams knowing I made 780 on 18 psi and a stock motor and pump gas. And NO it aint the dyno either...

I'm by no means trying to sound snide or cocky, but facts are facts. Dyno variances arent that extreme. I know that if I were to run E85, I would make around 900 rwhp on about 20-21 psi and everyone would still hate on me or doubt the numbers. This is part of the reason that I really don't like the forums. They're so full of haters because their cars with built motors and race fuel couldn't match the power we made on pump gas with a stock motor. All im trying to do is show our community (mustang community) that there are amateurs out there that experiment with YOUR cars, that gain experience on YOUR car...I for one will not go that route.

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick, but almost every guys' desires can be met on pump gas with the right tuner. I'm just trying to be the one that proves it for everyone.
i am not hating on you by any means man., i just don't wnat to see your car go kaboom. 18* of timing on 93 octane is extremely raged edge on a turbo set up. there is a reason why if you go on SVTP or Modular fords and check the timing levels that 99% of them are in the 14-16* range on pump gas. in my case my car would detonate on 92 with that much timing in it. doesn't matter how much fuel you command it just detonates. so i keep it real conservative on pump. the guy that tunes my car is extremely reputable and tuned the fastest stock motor 03 cobra that i am aware of (fast mark- 8.95 @154 1/4 on a stock motor 03). my guy knows his way around a ford for what it is worth. you cant take the advice or leave it. personally i would be careful at that level on pump. just my .02.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Smokin04
2nd Gear Member

I appreciate everyones advice...I really do. But 18* is not that extreme at all. I do have 93 octane out here. Theres a safe limit, and theres a limit that fits a tuners preference. Thankfully mine knows where both are. People have said my tune is on the ragged edge, but I've been in the game long enough to know that a tune should be done on the fuel you run every day. We tuned my car on the ****TIEST pump gas we could find. That way I can eliminate (or at least potentially eliminate) the bad tank of gas factor. Plus people need to realize that I'm not constantly whacking on the car...only when the need comes around. Plus you can't really hurt the car at part throttle...most guys dont know that. On a dyno pull you can run 13's in AF ratio even at crazy boost levels and your motor wont fly apart. Now if you ran through the gears on the street at that AF, that's when you would potentially melt something. I know or I should say WE (my tuner and I) know where the limit is...and we both agree it hasn't been reached yet. We WILL hit 20 psi on pump. We will make 800+ on pump. And my motor WILL last over 100K miles. And all i can do is prove it with time. But hey, in the event that something does let loose and I lose the motor, I have a Teksid stroker, with ported heads and SHM turbo cams waiting in the wings. So we can only wait and see what happens. I just bought my nitrous kit today.

Quick Reply: NEW DYNO NUMBERS!!!!!