Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:00 AM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

Great numbers man! and great videos, always fun to watch
Old 10-22-2009, 03:40 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

I followed your thread on the "other" forum and you had a few well known and well respected tuners tell you your playin' with fire.
I'm happy you have a new short block ready to go!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
I followed your thread on the "other" forum and you had a few well known and well respected tuners tell you your playin' with fire.
I'm happy you have a new short block ready to go!
you have a link to said thread?
Old 10-23-2009, 02:45 AM
kimlightningmcnulty

Man I like your style, push the envelope and do what everyone says "can't be done".

I hate people naysaying (context?), i understand you may have his best interests at heart however i've seen many things done against others advise and with great results,

its people like you who pave the way for everyone else, good luck to you and i can't wait to see the results.

Kim
Old 10-23-2009, 07:11 AM
Smokin04
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Kim...I'm trying, but it does get tough sometimes.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

have you tried seeing what happens if you make a pull at say 18 psi with 18* of timing and then make another pull at 18 psi and say 16* of timing? Just curious because i have noticed that with my car we reach a point where bumping timing does not do anything to continue to add power. Ie the power numbers with my car at 23 psi and 17* are virtually the same as 23 psi and 19*. Thats why i left my timign a bit lower because it did not benifit from any additional timing. So why run it closer to the dege for no added gain.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Smokin04
2nd Gear Member

Yes we have done that. 18* is where my car made the most power. We've gone as high as 20* and as low as 14* and actually lost a few HP. So 18* is my cars sweet spot. We have yet to tune on race fuel, so i dont know how she will react.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Fobra
Banned

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink... Most of that tuner worship is just plain BS. Sorry to be a d!ck about it, but it is. The wannabe tuners comment just sums it up, its not magic and there real measure of a good tuner is 1) who has people make the most power with a RELIABLE tune that you can beat the car all day with and 2) which tuner gets your car down the track fastest, I can already tell that your dyno racing and that is not the end all be all. The people who are calling because they are stuck are idiots, or new franchisees who don't know what they are doing. I can't tell you how many "Tim Tune" nutswingers there, just because they have an internet connection. What is more important to you, 20-30 hp (which wont make a difference really) or a reliable tune? Nobody is hating on you, and nobody is trying to insult you, but what your doing is unwise. Youll find out if you really get out and race/ abuse the car. You can get away with it on a dyno queen for the most part, but like said before, its just a matter of time.

Last edited by Fobra; 10-24-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Smokin04
2nd Gear Member

Funny you mention that...just got back from the track. Raced it all day saturday. I raced on street tires and pump gas just like I drive it to work everyday. I agree with you about the tuner statement...BUT everyone knows that there ARE bad tuners out there who don't know what they're doing. I trust mine, others trust theirs. It's all good. A lot of folks think my tune is not reliable because it's on the "ragged edge". But how do they even know what a tune on the ragged edge really is? The only know what they read on the web or see on YouTube, or worse, they listen to the "wannabe tuner" that is still learning. They have NO TUNING experience on MY vehicle; and any GOOD tuner knows that all vehicles aren't made equally. They see other cars with less timing and boost and say , Oh that's what safe is. In reality, they're just hobbyist with a desire to learn. It's up to US to teach them what safe really is. That's what I'm trying to do. I have been beating on this car/motor for thousands and thousands of miles, and she's still going strong. So while others says it's unsafe, I say it sucks to be them because that's just more power that they're never going to experience because their "tuner" says it aint safe. Oh well man, I just can't help everyone I guess.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:54 PM
dirtydave289
3rd Gear Member

im going with the underdog here..get em smokin04

Quick Reply: NEW DYNO NUMBERS!!!!!