SVT Forums

Problem with 03 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 06:30 PM
redneck racer
2nd Gear Member

Default Problem with 03 cobra

Well this is my first ever mustang and i recently bought it, runs great if i just drive the car like a normal person would, but heres my problem.... If i really try to get on it in 1st or 2nd gear( like launching and pedal to the floor in 2nd) it studders really bad, and doesnt want to go. I have no problem when reving high rpms, its only when its in gear. I replaced the fuel filter thinking maybe something was blocking fuel flow, i replaced the spark plugs and wires and im now stumped. I took into the dealership and got them to check it out, told the guy to get on it but he said nothing was wrong with it, so he obviously didnt get on it like i listed on the paperwork. If im just driving 30+ and get on it, its very responsive and runs fine. its only from a stop to a fast go, or from under 20 and a fast go that it does this. Sorry for the long description and multiple repetitions, but im hopeing someone out there can point me in the right direction on this as im stuck. Thanks in advance
Old 12-08-2009, 07:08 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

turn off your traction control. lol
Old 12-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
turn off your traction control. lol
+1...lol....That's the only thing I can think of.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:26 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

Originally Posted by redneck racer
Well this is my first ever mustang and i recently bought it, runs great if i just drive the car like a normal person would, but heres my problem.... If i really try to get on it in 1st or 2nd gear( like launching and pedal to the floor in 2nd) it studders really bad, and doesnt want to go. I have no problem when reving high rpms, its only when its in gear. I replaced the fuel filter thinking maybe something was blocking fuel flow, i replaced the spark plugs and wires and im now stumped. I took into the dealership and got them to check it out, told the guy to get on it but he said nothing was wrong with it, so he obviously didnt get on it like i listed on the paperwork. If im just driving 30+ and get on it, its very responsive and runs fine. its only from a stop to a fast go, or from under 20 and a fast go that it does this. Sorry for the long description and multiple repetitions, but im hopeing someone out there can point me in the right direction on this as im stuck. Thanks in advance
howd ya do that, it has COP
Old 12-09-2009, 01:44 PM
redneck racer
2nd Gear Member

traction control is off, or at least the light says its off anyways. Ill have a look to see if something is wrong with the wires there. And i still call the wires even tho they arnt, just because im used to working on a POS 83 5.0 all the time. Im guessing something is wrong with the switch to turn traction on and off so at least i know where to look now. Thanks again.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

PPRV Delete Kit might solve your problem...LP sells them....very common when you have this kind of hesitation problem that you described ^^^...
Old 12-09-2009, 07:16 PM
jimbob8915
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by timspony
PPRV Delete Kit might solve your problem...LP sells them....very common when you have this kind of hesitation problem that you described ^^^...
Aaaaaaah, whats a PPRV kit please?
Old 12-09-2009, 11:43 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Originally Posted by redneck racer
traction control is off, or at least the light says its off anyways. Ill have a look to see if something is wrong with the wires there. And i still call the wires even tho they arnt, just because im used to working on a POS 83 5.0 all the time. Im guessing something is wrong with the switch to turn traction on and off so at least i know where to look now. Thanks again.
God that statement speaks volumes, i feel your pain lol. No idea ehat exactly is causing the problem but im going to bet its a stupid sensor...
Old 12-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Originally Posted by jimbob8915
Aaaaaaah, whats a PPRV kit please?
This should help...
http://www.lethalperformance.com/03-...e-line-p-14835
Old 12-10-2009, 11:50 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Wow $80 for Rubber hose and a y connector? Can't you make that same set up your self for like $10

Quick Reply: Problem with 03 cobra