SVT Forums

What numbers should i expect?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 03:06 PM
ab6c

Default What numbers should i expect?

1999 Cobra, i will be installing BBks long tubes, off road x pipe, bbk twin 62mm throttle, bbk underdrive pulleys and it currently has a c&l cold air intake and dynomax catback. it will obviously be tuned. What rwhp/et numbers should i expect? thanks!!
Old 12-13-2010, 03:33 PM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ab6c
1999 Cobra, i will be installing BBks long tubes, off road x pipe, bbk twin 62mm throttle, bbk underdrive pulleys and it currently has a c&l cold air intake and dynomax catback. it will obviously be tuned. What rwhp/et numbers should i expect? thanks!!
I can't say what dyno numbers you might expect, but just take whatever they are with a grain of salt. It really isn't a good idea to try to compare dyno numbers with others. The dyno is a tuning tool and the numbers can vary quite a bit from one dyno to another. A better idea is simply comparing your baseline numbers to the post mod numbers to see what you gained from the mods.

A few passes down the 1/4 mile is a better measure of power than the dyno numbers. Trap speeds are much more comparable than dyno numbers.

You will definitely wish to add shorter gears to get the best performance out of your ride. 4.10s would make a huge difference in how the car pulls under accelleration.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 12-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF ..... what rear gear you running??
Old 12-13-2010, 10:11 PM
rygi23
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRUEBLUE3934
A better idea is simply comparing your baseline numbers to the post mod numbers to see what you gained from the mods.

A few passes down the 1/4 mile is a better measure of power than the dyno numbers. Trap speeds are much more comparable than dyno numbers.
+1. Add the mods, get a baseline, get her a healthy tune. You'll FEEL the improvement. Your dyno #s and other's #s w/ similar cars and mods will differ. Noone ever knows the true hp/tq #s. Take her to the track and let the timeslip #s serve as your power rating. Have fun with it.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

If you haven't bought it yet, I wouldn't buy all that cheap bbk crap. In fact, if you already bought it, I would return it for a better brand
Old 12-13-2010, 11:44 PM
mfj
Banned

Troof. BBK is low quality....
Old 12-14-2010, 10:30 AM
djervin
1st Gear Member

These guys talked me out of BBK, and I am glad they did.... For what it's worth.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:51 AM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

For what it is worth...
I have BBK ceramic coated long tube headers and h-pipe and couldn't be HAPPIER with them. I inspected the headers very closely and they were of very high quality. The welds and finish were good, and the flatness of the flanges was very good.

I don't know why you guys are bashing BBK. What negative experiences did you have with products from BBK?
Old 12-14-2010, 11:20 AM
djervin
1st Gear Member

Personally, I just went with the experience that everyone has had and have never used a BBK product in my life. I searched as much as I could and read about fitment issues that several people had with BBK because I was interested in their off road x-pipe. The reason that I am happy that I did not purchase that specific system is because I went with a one piece stainless unit from Magnaflow and if fit perfect and could not have been easier to install. It also looks and sounds great. Trust me, I wish I would have read otherwise about BBK, their products are much cheaper....
Old 12-14-2010, 11:30 AM
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

I hear what you are saying, but I guess I am just cautioning guys not to bash a company based on hear say. It is NOT fair to a company to have people spreading rumors around without actual personal experience to support it. Not saying you, but I have seen a lot of guys bashing stuff that they have absolutely no personal experience with, and it turns these forums from great resources into a bunch of unfounded and inaccurate information.

It would be nice if ALL negative comments came with specific personal experiences to support them.

MY 2 CENTS...

Quick Reply: What numbers should i expect?