SVT Forums

Building up the rearend?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 08:10 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheCrimzonKnight
Who are YOU referring to with your comment, because i missed where anyone said he would have an issue driving around with a built solid.

I wasn't reffering to anyone in specific, I was running down the comments and noticed someone(didn't bother seeing who it was) brought it drivability, which the guys who prefer the IRS bring up in every SRA vs IRS debate, and figured I'd throw my comment out there. Since what said seemed to bother you here you go.....it happened to be you

IRS is more expensive to build but will ride better.

Solid is cheaper to build but will not ride as good as an IRS.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:14 PM
TheCrimzonKnight
3rd Gear Member

Still missing where I said he would have issues driving with a built solid??? When I said it does not ride as good. I was talking about handling. Anybody with half a brain knows a built solid does not handle as good as a built irs.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:31 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Still missing where I said he would have issues driving with a built solid??? When I said it does not ride as good. I was talking about handling. Anybody with half a brain knows a built solid does not handle as good as a built irs.
Actually a built solid with a torque arm, watts link setup will probably ride just as good or better than an IRS due to the fact that the the IRS has limits because it was designed around a chasis setup for a SRA, if the chasis was designed for an IRS it would probably be another story.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:30 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Anyone with half a brain would know the difference between "ride" and "handling" and would also know that there should be no period between your second and third sentence. You, good sir, know neither.

i agree with Uberstang1, an SRA can be modded to handle with an IRS if necessary.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:07 AM
TheCrimzonKnight
3rd Gear Member

Are we really back in grammar school? Seriously man grow up. I love always want to come on here with smart remarks, but start getting sand in there vagina when the person comes back at them. Back on subject when you start getting into to the watts link and torque arms. You are essentially deleting the cost advantage that the SRA has over an IRS.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:32 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Are we really back in grammar school? Seriously man grow up. I love always want to come on here with smart remarks, but start getting sand in there vagina when the person comes back at them. Back on subject when you start getting into to the watts link and torque arms. You are essentially deleting the cost advantage that the SRA has over an IRS.
I was on topic, I posted my thoughts. You decided to address me personately with the caps lock and then decided to start talking about people with half brains so I figured I'd point out the obvious, no need to get sandy. BTW, this last post of yours wasn't much better, seriously. Dont get mad, each has its advantages, how many cobra owners really take their cars to an actual track? Not nearly as many as the ones that drag race, so if you drag race go SRA.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:23 AM
TheCrimzonKnight
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by darkmach1
I was on topic, I posted my thoughts. You decided to address me personately with the caps lock and then decided to start talking about people with half brains so I figured I'd point out the obvious, no need to get sandy. BTW, this last post of yours wasn't much better, seriously. Dont get mad, each has its advantages, how many cobra owners really take their cars to an actual track? Not nearly as many as the ones that drag race, so if you drag race go SRA.
Everything was on topic before some smart guy directly or indirectly tried to take a shot at me and say I should be driving a prius. So I was merely voicing my opinion back about said person. I do not know about where you live but people actually drive there cars in the Philadelphia area. If it is auto x or drag racing, our cars are not for show.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:30 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Everything was on topic before some smart guy directly or indirectly tried to take a shot at me and say I should be driving a prius. So I was merely voicing my opinion back about said person. I do not know about where you live but people actually drive there cars in the Philadelphia area. If it is auto x or drag racing, our cars are not for show.
Again, I neither mentioned your name nor replied while quoting your comment, you took it personal and took off with it. As far as the highlighted part of your comment above, I dont see how it ties to this topic. Im not sure if you're stating that I have a show or something, if thats the case then no, I live in Florida and my car gets driven 16k miles a year going on 4 years now since I purchased it. Oh, and I do have a built solid and it rides great.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:11 AM
TheCrimzonKnight
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by darkmach1
Again, I neither mentioned your name nor replied while quoting your comment, you took it personal and took off with it. As far as the highlighted part of your comment above, I dont see how it ties to this topic. Im not sure if you're stating that I have a show or something, if thats the case then no, I live in Florida and my car gets driven 16k miles a year going on 4 years now since I purchased it. Oh, and I do have a built solid and it rides great.
Yea you need to go back and read what you wrote because your first comment had nothing to do with the thread topic. You stated how many cobra owners actually take there cars to the track. I replied in philadelphia people actually drive there cars. You stated you never mentioned my name. I replied if it was directly or indirectly it is the same thing. Hope I am not going to fast for you. Your comments tell me you have not driven a fully built IRS car. I have driven both at the drag strip and auto x. The difference is very noticeable. The only thing you have contributed to this thread is agreeing with uberstang.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:16 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Can't we all get along

Quick Reply: Building up the rearend?