SVT Forums

Any daily driver terminators?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

when i had my 03 cobra i daily drove it year round, even with the 2.8 kenne bell. Only thing i did different was winter tires and summer tires. I have daily driven all my mustangs though including my current but I bought a truck now since I'll be in Pennsylvania for 2 years for school and I plan on having the truck during the pa winter and the car for the rest of the year.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Ares05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
when i had my 03 cobra i daily drove it year round, even with the 2.8 kenne bell. Only thing i did different was winter tires and summer tires. I have daily driven all my mustangs though including my current but I bought a truck now since I'll be in Pennsylvania for 2 years for school and I plan on having the truck during the pa winter and the car for the rest of the year.
Just curious what happened to your cobra? (not to be nosey) I just was hoping you wouldn't say technical problems or something. I am building up reasons to get a cobra later on down the line here. I have heard the engine is damn near bullet proof being forged ect.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ares05
Just curious what happened to your cobra? (not to be nosey) I just was hoping you wouldn't say technical problems or something. I am building up reasons to get a cobra later on down the line here. I have heard the engine is damn near bullet proof being forged ect.
Oh i loved it, i just sold it and bought 2 04 gts with the money from selling it lol. That and I had to many projects going on at that time. I had a 88 foxbody, the 03 cobra, 04 v6 to 5.4 swap, and 96 cobra all at the same time lol. I'm down to my 2 gts and my truck now so I can afford my projects lol.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Ares05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
Oh i loved it, i just sold it and bought 2 04 gts with the money from selling it lol. That and I had to many projects going on at that time. I had a 88 foxbody, the 03 cobra, 04 v6 to 5.4 swap, and 96 cobra all at the same time lol. I'm down to my 2 gts and my truck now so I can afford my projects lol.
Gotcha thats really cool! Termi's can last a long time if properly maintained right? I am thinking I would probably look for one with 20k-30k miles, that a way I would feel less bad about running up some miles
Old 02-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Heim91

Originally Posted by Ares05
Gotcha thats really cool! Termi's can last a long time if properly maintained right? I am thinking I would probably look for one with 20k-30k miles, that a way I would feel less bad about running up some miles
I am looking at some right now, I would daily drive the monster. Just hope its not too much of a money pit of a vehicle. My Is300 is a true money pit.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Ares05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Heim91
I am looking at some right now, I would daily drive the monster. Just hope its not too much of a money pit of a vehicle. My Is300 is a true money pit.
Agreed man, seems like such a fun ride though. Get-away car everyday!
Old 02-22-2012, 02:57 PM
dirtychamba
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Timspony
Not here in the Northeast!!! ...I'm sure you'll see some DD's down south & on the west coast!

haha yeeeppp out here in downtown los angeles i am driving my 03 termi about 4 times a week. 16 miles to school , 20 miles to work....and going out with the girlfriend.

It is comfortable, i picked up the car with about 70k miles so it wouldnt mind new springs...shocks...etc but as of now i like it...

when i do hit bumps though i feel every tire hit one by one which is weird but im guessing thats the irs?

My 17x10.5 black cobra wheels come in on friday and that should help my curb rashed rear wheels a whole lot.!

The one thing though if you are DD a termi is too remember the speed limit!
i constanly catch myself going 50-55 without even feeling it and out here cops are a**holes.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Wish I had a Termi to DD But no complaints with the 97 still a Cobra Hope to see some type of FI this year

But I still wouldn't DD it here in NE.Just to much salt and sand at this time of the year.
Even my 99 GT never seen snow,Ponies dont like snow

Last edited by Repzard; 02-22-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Just to continue the talk about good old Southern driving... Drove mine in today with the top down, didn't even need a jacket... nyah, Yankees...
Old 02-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Ares05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Schmalgar
Just to continue the talk about good old Southern driving... Drove mine in today with the top down, didn't even need a jacket... nyah, Yankees...
very jealous!

Quick Reply: Any daily driver terminators?