SVT Forums

03 eaton on 99

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 12:40 AM
Turbo83

Default 03 eaton on 99

Originally Posted by Jugador

</P>

jugador, are you refering to a small/big turbo sequential system? because there's no such thing yet</P>

</P>

How about toyota supras and rx-7's? one turbo exhaust housing is smaller than the other on both these applications.</P>
Old 02-12-2004, 12:54 AM
CobraSVT33
2nd Gear Member

Default 03 eaton on 99

if you wanna get and eaton on your 99 your better off going to kenne bell and gettin the kit for the 99-01 cobra which includes everythin and more even brand new lower intake
Old 02-12-2004, 08:02 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

Default 03 eaton on 99

Originally Posted by Turbo83
Originally Posted by Jugador

</P>

jugador, are you refering to a small/big turbo sequential system? because there's no such thing yet</P>

</P>

How about toyota supras and rx-7's? one turbo exhaust housing is smaller than the other on both these applications.</P>

</P>

yes supras do run a sequential system, but the turbos are the same size</P>
Old 05-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 03 eaton on 99

i know it will work on an 01...dont think theres a difference in the motor...dont get me wrong there is A LOT of work to be done to get it to fit an 01...new intake...grinding on the block...alternator relocation...a whole mess of stuff but it can be done for about 4g (with polished eaton, tb, plenum, tune, HE upgrades) this guy on svtperformace.com did it and it turned out great...472hp stock block... 01venom...i would paste you his write up on it w/ pics but SVTp is down right now
Old 06-01-2007, 02:14 AM
darcnytemare
2nd Gear Member

yea i was thinking of doing the same thing....but its really not worth the money. U might as well just buy the "Terminator" setup and drop it in. Like everyone esle said.....the heads are different. the only thing the two motors have in common are the cranks...if im not mistaken. You have to relocate EVERYTHING. And the 03/04 cobra motors r alot stronger.

I just decided to get a set of twins and have my someone i know make me custom IC piping and then go from there.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:58 AM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hotrodman

won't work have different intakes, i have 99 cobra also.
The blower replaces the intake, dude.....

you will have to get new heads, intercooler, and all the intercooler accesories, and lower intake, and other various things. its not worth it at all
The stock heads will work perfectly.

The answer is NO. You can not install a 2003 or 2004 blower in a 99 cobra. The reason is because the heads are differents.This information was obtainedby the SVT support line two weeks ago because I had the same Idea. They told me that if you change the heads then you can bolt on.
Go to svtperformance.com and talk to the 3 guys who have done it and the guy who's doing it right now....

I can't beleive the incredible amounts of BS info in this forum....
Old 06-02-2007, 04:42 AM
BTRStang
2nd Gear Member

To whom it may concern,

Why would you want to go through all that trouble for a dog rocket supercharger. I have one on my Cobra right now that I will gladly sell you, so that you can help meget my blowzilla (KB 2.8L). About the best advice I can give you young Jedi, is save your money, forge your bottom end (your going to need it if your goingforced induction of any kind), get a good procharger or vortech for easy install(stay away from a roots driven s/c unless you already have that setup and your upgrading) or a good turbo and that is if your tranny and rearend are in good shape. I almost forgot BRAKES need to be in good shape also!!! +1 to POISND U on info!!!

BTRStang
Old 06-02-2007, 12:15 PM
italia18
3rd Gear Member

turbo...what a novel ideal. why not go twins for quick spooling time? or even better, sequentials for spooling and top end. or if you want to go hardcore, one fat one and a 50 shot of nitrous to get you moving off the line.
I've said this before on here and I'll say it again. More is NOT better. A single turbo application spools up and puts out just as much power as a TT application. TT is a waste of time and money on any V8 engine. You'd be fine with a strong single kit.

If you disagree please message me and I'll throughly explain rather then clutter this board with arguments.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Ahnial8u
3rd Gear Member

Here is the BEST Documented swap that I have found so far!!!!
http://www.extremehp.com/modules.php...pic&amp;t=1390