Matth3w
1st Gear Member

Or these:

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...nce-Bumper-Kit
Old 12-05-2010, 08:55 AM
jsnyng
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matth3w
Oh, do you need to replace the strut mounts (the aftermarket ones are like 60 bucks) in the front or no?

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...P-Strut-Mounts
If you are just changing springs, you do not need to change out the strut mounts. You are putting the same strut back into the car, so the mount fits.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Matth3w
1st Gear Member

Thank you for the response. It said that sometimes you get "clunking" and you might want to replace so I wasn't sure if that was a sales tactic or if you really do often get a clunking.

Mind if I add you on twitter in case I get stuck? I haven't ordered them yet but...
Old 12-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Matth3w
1st Gear Member

I found this in the comments of the install page, your thoughts?

Okay, here is the latest news on the M-5300K and the M-5300P lowering springs from Ford Racing. A Ford racing rep today just confirmed that he spoke with their engineer who confirmed that both of these springs will work with the 2011 Mustang GT as long as the GT upper strut mounts (M-18183-A) and also the Ford Racing struts and shocks (M-18000-A) are installed.

I asked him whether or not aftermarket caster plates can be used instead of the Ford Racing upper strut mounts, however, he could not confirm this. Also, he said that these Ford Racing shocks and struts need to be used for the springs to work as it has something to do with the amount of travel required in the suspension.

Do you agree with this information?
Old 12-06-2010, 07:29 AM
geocomp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsnyng
Four hours by yourself, three with friend. The video shows the fast easy way to do it.
I am pretty sure it will take longer than three hours if there is beer is involved. I'm just saying....

Good Luck on the install and let us know how it goes.

I wish I were closer so I could help out. I sent a message to a freind and fellow mustang owner out in your area to see if he could help you out. Hopefully he will jump in here and respond.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Matth3w
1st Gear Member

Thanks i appreciate it. Im sure i can do it myself but everything always goes faster if you have someone with you more knowledgeable so you're not constantly checking instructions. Once i get a shipping notification i will probably start taking it apart so im not doing it all at once
Old 12-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Matth3w
1st Gear Member

It says on the lmr website that some fastners are one time use only...should i pick up something in advance?
Old 12-06-2010, 10:03 AM
BlownNBagged
2nd Gear Member

Hey Matt, I heard you needed a lil help with a spring install. I'm here on Bliss and from reading your thread, sounds like you are stationed here as well.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Matth3w
1st Gear Member

Yep im in 1-1ad
Old 12-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Matth3w
1st Gear Member

I feel like an idiot, but I didn't have any tools. So by the time I bought jack stands, jacks, etc, I can pay someone about 50 bucks more and forgo all the hassle. So I'm going to take it to a shop

Quick Reply: [El Paso] Looking for help on spring install 2011 Mustang GT