Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Base gt with auto.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 03:07 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I agree about the Sports Mode. I find that I like the shifting in the regular driver mode. The shifting points are pretty good! I'm very glad I got an automatic.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:27 PM
krazyk86cu

Originally Posted by Spork3245
The only thing I don't like about Sports+ mode (non-manual shift sports-mode, the one you select via the track switch) is the aggressive down-shifting. It's annoying and makes it sound like I'm a kid with his first manual who doesn't know how to shift when approaching a red light.

Launching from a stop in Sports+ mode is pure heaven though.
The first thing I noticed after getting a custom tune was that the jerky downshifts in sport + mode were smoothed out! Now the car sounds sexy as hell downshifting but without the annoying jerk.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:52 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

I recently installed the 1-piece DSS drive shaft and my down shifts in sport mode make my Bassani exhaust "burble" which I really enjoy, not bad for a 3.7
Old 12-19-2015, 06:11 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by krazyk86cu
The first thing I noticed after getting a custom tune was that the jerky downshifts in sport + mode were smoothed out! Now the car sounds sexy as hell downshifting but without the annoying jerk.
Don't want to void warranty or I'd get a tune.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:16 PM
Bretstang06
1st Gear Member

I've run tunes on my 3 previous Mustang GT's, ('06, '08 Shelby GT, '14) from Brenspeed and Bama tunes. They were all manual transmissions, with CAI and Axleback exhausts. I never had an issue with any of the tunes. I always used 91 octane, Calif resident, and drove my GT's as they were meant to be driven. The tunes and extras made all of my GT's very fun to drive, awesome sounding, and unique to own.

I recently purchased a new '16 GT and this time with the auto. Too much commuter traffic now in my daily driving. I really do like the auto with the paddle shift and the different driving modes. I'm looking forward to making the same changes to my new GT. Glad to see your inputs on the tunes for the automatics. I'll let you know how everything runs with my upgrades..
Old 02-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Folks, don't set your hair on fire worrying about tunes, etc, voiding warranties! If you haven't abused, or obviously raced the car a lot you probably won't have a problem. Don't listen to some service writer as they don't make the decisions & often are not representing Ford, or precedent in law. Ford has to demonstrate the mod/tune caused damage to the car! Find a service manager that is not a male sex organ looking to avoid doing warranty work! The last service manager at my local dealer was the world's biggest jerk, while the new manager is a very nice, reasonable guy!
Old 02-12-2016, 10:09 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Folks, don't set your hair on fire worrying about tunes, etc, voiding warranties! If you haven't abused, or obviously raced the car a lot you probably won't have a problem. Don't listen to some service writer as they don't make the decisions & often are not representing Ford, or precedent in law. Ford has to demonstrate the mod/tune caused damage to the car! Find a service manager that is not a male sex organ looking to avoid doing warranty work! The last service manager at my local dealer was the world's biggest jerk, while the new manager is a very nice, reasonable guy!
Whether something is covered by warranty or not isn't really the service manager's call. For big things, Ford will send out an engineer to check before authorizing the repairs. If they decide that some mod caused it, Ford won't authorize the repair (and if the service manager went ahead with the repair anyway then either dealer decided to suck it up or the owner of the modded car is paying it).

If there is a catastrophic engine failure or transmission failure Ford will require that certain things be checked first, and likely will send that field engineer out. They know the tell tale signs to look for beyond the ECU and what it reports.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:08 AM
scottmach
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Whether something is covered by warranty or not isn't really the service manager's call. For big things, Ford will send out an engineer to check before authorizing the repairs. If they decide that some mod caused it, Ford won't authorize the repair (and if the service manager went ahead with the repair anyway then either dealer decided to suck it up or the owner of the modded car is paying it).

If there is a catastrophic engine failure or transmission failure Ford will require that certain things be checked first, and likely will send that field engineer out. They know the tell tale signs to look for beyond the ECU and what it reports.
This is unfortunately true. The dealer/Ford doesn't have to prove anything. Several guys have already been denied already with these new cars.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:35 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by scottmach
This is unfortunately true. The dealer/Ford doesn't have to prove anything. Several guys have already been denied already with these new cars.
The proof comes when the field engineer comes in, looks things over and runs some tests and makes the determination that a modification is the cause.

After that, you are welcome to challenge that determination. Pretty tough proof matter -they have the engineers and lots and lots of test data to back up their claim, and you have................
Old 02-17-2016, 06:23 PM
buckethead2

#%$$@@!!)****!!!! QUIT IT!!
I'm a die hard manual guy and you guys are making me think twice about that automatic!!!!

Quick Reply: Base gt with auto.