Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

==Supercharger Project Advice Needed==

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 12:40 PM
Stang5v0
1st Gear Member

Lol...yep. Well past my install. Wiped the Roush tune and went with PBD out of Florida and tuned it remotely. Upgraded to 67lb injectors and went from a 17" to 16" MT ET StreetR with Phoenix from skinnies (DarkStar rims). btw...had to RMA one Phoenix tire for pin holes on the side wall (bought from JEGS). They replaced it no problem but the new one is at the tire shop doing the same thing. I wouldn't recommend them. Plus, the good one has visible worn tread after about about 2K miles of street driving and 16 1/4-mile passes. Anyway, running 11.1 fairly consistently now. Driver still needs dialed-in since he may be the biggest problem in not getting the car under 11 flat LOL. Feels like is has 10.9 but can't quite get it there. AND believe it or not, now Lebanon Ford who did my Ph2 install is using the same guy, Ken--owner of Palm Beach Dyno, for some special builds. I asked for some type of compensation since Ken is a Stang genius and used him before they did. Only will give me discounts on future upgrades. Not happy but at least the car is doing what is expected vs. that crap Roush tune.

Last edited by Stang5v0; 07-24-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:42 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stang5v0
Lol...yep. Well past my install. Wiped the Roush tune and went with PBD out of Florida and tuned it remotely. Upgraded to 67lb injectors and went from a 17" to 16" MT ET StreetR with Phoenix from skinnies (DarkStar rims). btw...had to RMA one Phoenix tire for pin holes on the side wall (bought from JEGS). They replaced it no problem but the new one is at the tire shop doing the same thing. I wouldn't recommend them. Plus, the good one has visible worn tread after about about 2K miles of street driving and 16 1/4-mile passes. Anyway, running 11.1 fairly consistently now. Driver still needs dialed-in since he may be the biggest problem in not getting the car under 11 flat LOL. Feels like is has 10.9 but can't quite get it there. AND believe it or not, now Lebanon Ford who did my Ph2 install is using the same guy, Ken--owner of Palm Beach Dyno, for some special builds. I asked for some type of compensation since Ken is a Stang genius and used him before they did. Only will give me discounts on future upgrades. Not happy but at least the car is doing what is expected vs. that crap Roush tune.

What's the rest of the slip look like? 1/8th, 60ft, trap speeds?
Old 07-24-2017, 05:42 PM
Stang5v0
1st Gear Member

60ft-1.664, 1/8th-7.225@100.28, trap-11.127@129.13. That was the best 60 I've ever had at the strip. Most of the time its 1.7-1.9.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:27 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

60ft-1.664, 1/8th-7.225@100.28, trap-11.127@129.13. That was the best 60 I've ever had at the strip. Most of the time its 1.7-1.9.
Very nice. I'll hopefully have my setup where I need by Friday. Put a P1sc, longtubes and a Lund tune and took it to the track. Ran 11.3 at 125 with a 1.95 60ft shifting at 7k (auto). Told Lund I needed something a little more aggressive specially down low to lower my 60ft time. Sent me a tune with a 7400 shift point. Went to a different track and ran 11.4 at 125 with same 60ft. Though I did swap to a 28" tire from a 26 which made it a bit more sluggish at the launch. I felt like something still wasn't right, 1/8 mile dropped to 7.3 at 98 but 1/4 slowed down. He sent me another tune with more timing <3500rpm. I decided to put it on the dyno on that tune and put down 577/467. Numbers seemed low but the problem became obvious, power peaked at 6600 and decreased after that to like 540whp. So I was going to 7400rpm and the car just wasn't making power up there. Combination of Lunds tuning and the stock manifold. I now have an xpipe and magnaflow mufflers (because I went to gt350 valance), so some weight came off and now putting a gt350 manifold that will let me rev to 7600+. It will be dialed in Friday and hope that's all I'll need for a 10.8-10.9 ET at 128ish.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:27 PM
Stang5v0
1st Gear Member

Thanks. 11.3 is strong. And with your upgrades you will easily be under 11. 60-ft is key. My times are always pretty good when my 60 is fast unless I do something stupid. Looks like our numbers are similar on power. Do you know what type of dyno you're on? I've had to use two different ones based on which shop my car is in. Unfortunately they are not the same, one inertia the other load. On the load, my whp is 563@7200. The tech got out of it each time at 7200 just to be safe. I'm getting 9.5lbs of boost on 80mm pulley. High or low numbers just depends on the machine. I have a baseline for each and just focus on my improvements from that. Besides, I like showing the guys at the track the lower numbers...especially the Mopars and the Vettes. They never have anything to say after I beat the brakes off of them lol. Plus, nothing fancy on the car to advertise. Just a plane ole 5.0 badge on the side.

Looks like our Stangs are close on power if we are using the same type of dyno. My shift point is higher than 7K also but that's my target but go over sometimes accidentally. Its doing 450ft-lbs @ 3K. So power hits hard early and difficult to control. Still hesitant to go over 7K since I haven't changed the lower crank sprocket or oil pump gears. Thinking about a wop kit since I'm in a stick car and turn off AdvancTrac after my burnout. Can't always get the clutch/throttle combo right and get antsy on the accelerate when the tree turns green. I wish AdvancTrac would disengage quicker too. Starter is always waving me to pull up while I'm waiting on it.

What tires and injectors do you have? Also, how much boost is your PC making? I had a guy walk around me at the track a few weeks ago in a '14 with a PC. I left him off the line and thru 1000'. But drove around me on the big end by .1! I watched the video and man it was fast after the 1/8. Your car is going to be mad wicked when you do the GT350 manifold. And 7600 revs? Wow! Can't wait to hear how it runs! I did the Roush valance with Corsa quads. I love the exhaust, hated the valance install. If the blower wasn't that good, I wouldn't buy anything else Roush or recommend their products. Crappy paper template caused me to drill the wrong hole locations and I almost ruined the bumper. I looked at the FR quad exhaust and GT350 valance but was out of my price range at the time. I really like the GT350 appearance. But I prefer the Corsa sound and would fit with the GT350 valance. Lots of compliments on my quad tip setup and sound with Corsa Sport/Kooks off-road LTs combo. Originated in Cleveland close to where I'm from also.
Attached Thumbnails ==Supercharger Project Advice Needed==-jordan-hp-trq.jpg  

Last edited by Stang5v0; 07-25-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:31 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

I have ID1000s and MT 305-40-18s. Nice curve. Procharger makes 10psi but at 7500rpm. Looking at my curve I'm surprised at what it ran, has no low end and no top end.lmao

Numbers are on a dynojet, STD. Would've been lower on an SAE correction. Disregard the dip, that was the dyno operator, he let off because he forgot to hit the button for datalog then said **** it and kept going.

Pull fuse 62 when you go to the track, no more holding buttons or forgetting to do it at the staging lanes.
Attached Thumbnails ==Supercharger Project Advice Needed==-img_6284.jpg  

Last edited by darkmach1; 07-25-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:03 AM
Stang5v0
1st Gear Member

Nice middle curve. I like how PCs just keep building. I would sacrifice some low RPM power if I could get more at the top. It does seem a little odd to see a drop off at 6700. Still doing 11.3 though and that's good. Bet you have that resolved after your upgrade and new tune. Share another pull if you can after your install. I'm running the same tire except in 17" and skinnies. I would like to upgrade to the ID1000s at some point. Thanks for the tip also on the fuse. I heard it before but haven't tried yet. I like for the car to stay straight at burnout. So wasn't sure if it would pull right if AdvanceTrac was disabled. Will check it out the next time I go.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:24 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Nice middle curve. I like how PCs just keep building. I would sacrifice some low RPM power if I could get more at the top. It does seem a little odd to see a drop off at 6700. Still doing 11.3 though and that's good. Bet you have that resolved after your upgrade and new tune. Share another pull if you can after your install. I'm running the same tire except in 17" and skinnies. I would like to upgrade to the ID1000s at some point. Thanks for the tip also on the fuse. I heard it before but haven't tried yet. I like for the car to stay straight at burnout. So wasn't sure if it would pull right if AdvanceTrac was disabled. Will check it out the next time I go.
It's a stock manifold issue but tuners have learned to use VCT to extend that flatline to 6900-7100 instead of 6600. But Lund won't do it for unknown reasons, he'll just say you need a manifold. Dyno is Friday, crossing my fingers for a nice before/after curve. Having the manifold put on tomorrow. Your car appears to still be pulling. A smaller pulley like a 75 or 72mm would make that thing scream. But I'm a little weary of hitting the throttle and having an instant 12-14psi. Sounds great but I can almost hear the internals saying, "ohhh you SOB!". Your best bet is to go E85 now, which will be mine too. Drive around on 93 then swap to E85 for the fun.

Last edited by darkmach1; 07-27-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:58 AM
Stang5v0
1st Gear Member

Ahh I see. Didn’t know that. Going to read up on it. Looking forward to your results. I would like to do a smaller pulley and think I’m on the right track the way the car makes power. But haven’t changed out the lower crank sprocket, oil pump gears, or any other internals to support 12-14 lbs. So yeah, I’m sure the motor would be calling me all kinds of SOBs if I only did a new pulley lol. Going with the ID1000s for E85 would be a good choice, and cheaper for now. Do you have any issues with E85 when the temperature changes?
Old 07-27-2017, 11:26 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Do you have a garage? Mine NA started right up in the garage when it was low 40s outside.

Quick Reply: ==Supercharger Project Advice Needed==