The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

have no idea but I'll ask

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TommyV8
I raced a guy a while back who swapped a N/A 2.0L Honda engine (not sure on the specs, from a Prelude maybe? I am import dumb) into his Civic hatchback; it went 14.0 @ 100. Quite impressive IMO.
If it was a 2.0L it was most likely a b20 or a k20, either way both engines make decent power up top, especially for only being as big as a bottle of soda.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:46 AM
replica
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by buster
It's early 90s prelude and it's from the Toronto area. They love rice up there. My neck of the woods its 90% domestic cars.
The B series motor that came in the 88-91 Preludes is JUNK, even to Honda guys. It doesn't have much in common with the infamous B series motors you hear about being boosted and whatnot. That Prelude is likely slower than ****. It looks like this right?

Old 08-20-2009, 11:47 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by replica
The B series motor that came in the 88-91 Preludes is JUNK, even to Honda guys. It doesn't have much in common with the infamous B series motors you hear about being boosted and whatnot. That Prelude is likely slower than ****. It looks like this right?

hey, melt the weatherstriping, mirrors shatter and blacken all windows, scorch and crinkle 4 gallons of bondo and that car is it's sister....lol. Yes, that's it. It's even the right colour. You know your Hondas and I guess I'm showing my lack of knowledge of them. So what do you think, with a bored out motor, header, decafe exhaust, will it give a early 90s V6 Stang a run for it's money? Or wil it not be able to get out of it's own way.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

Jesus, its not even the h22? that thing is probably slow as *****.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:15 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Projectquick
Jesus, its not even the h22? that thing is probably slow as *****.
Most likely, but most of the pre-20 year olds who drive these POS don't seem care too much about performance or do and don't know how to get to it. The headlights seem to dim with the beat of the disco music.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:25 PM
replica
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by buster
hey, melt the weatherstriping, mirrors shatter and blacken all windows, scorch and crinkle 4 gallons of bondo and that car is it's sister....lol. Yes, that's it. It's even the right colour. You know your Hondas and I guess I'm showing my lack of knowledge of them. So what do you think, with a bored out motor, header, decafe exhaust, will it give a early 90s V6 Stang a run for it's money? Or wil it not be able to get out of it's own way.
I don't know what yo mean by "bored out motor" but I'm sure it won't matter. The chances of him running a proper tune on such a strange setup on an OBD-0 Honda is slim. I can't see iot making more than 130whp. I just don't know how it'd do against an early 90's V6 Mustang. No disrespect, but the 95-ish V6 Mustangs were pretty slow.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:40 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

well i was gna say that there was no way that was a k swap, k swaps cost like 7 grand for the motor plus if u pay someone to put it in for u
Old 08-23-2009, 10:14 PM
1.5LofFury
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MCxQubed
well i was gna say that there was no way that was a k swap, k swaps cost like 7 grand for the motor plus if u pay someone to put it in for u
i don't know where you're looking when finding a K series for 7k. i've found complete engine/transmission packages for $1500. yes, the entire swap will cost $7k-$10k, but not just the engine.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:26 PM
SkillzDatKillz
Mista High School Playa

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
A totally built N/a Motor could be 350Hp. 9 grand worth of receits is a lot of mods for a Honda. Figure a grand for exhaust. 3 grand for a top of the line suspension. Thats leaves 5 grand for go fast parts. Could be a 13 second car or a 16 second car. Need more info on the engine and go fast parts.
13 second car? With that much money invested u could be looking at a 11 second car...i personally know a guy that is heavily into Hondas..he can make an 12/11 second car with 300whp and it's extremely cheap too..
Old 08-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1.5LofFury
i don't know where you're looking when finding a K series for 7k. i've found complete engine/transmission packages for $1500. yes, the entire swap will cost $7k-$10k, but not just the engine.

Your pretty much right about the motor not costing that much. I haven't really looked for a K motor, but I believe I saw a drop out for around 2k. All you need after the motor and tranny (with axles) is the wiring harness, ECU, shift linkage, motor mounts, and I'm not sure if you need different hubs or knuckles or whatever. Those things won't run you more than 2K, at least I'm pretty sure.

Quick Reply: have no idea but I'll ask