The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

VID: Friendly rivalry between a GTR and CTS-V, who is your rival?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Default VID: Friendly rivalry between a GTR and CTS-V, who is your rival?

Who are the people who push you to make your car faster? I saw this on another forum and really liked the concept.

For me its a friend of mine with his Supra. When I first got my car he was on the stock engine and we were a pretty even race with him pulling on me a little bit. Then I got my car supercharged and was able to pull on him pretty hard. After that, he swapped to a 2jz engine and the races were really close with me pulling ahead slightly. He then changed the tune a little bit and was able to pull on me by about a car and a half. Now I am doing my full build and he just swapped to a bigger turbo and is going e85.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:07 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I have a buddy I work with thats really into BMWs. My old SRT-4 killed his old E46 M3. He now has a 335Xi thats trapping 11.6@122 on street tires and on the current tune. He should trap low 11s@124ish with a new jbm5 tune thats coming out. He also has a supercharged E36 M coupe making 360 at the rear tires. I think I should have the coupe covered on the spray. I have some more work to do before I'll be beating him in the 335. But in the end the stang will go faster! Just a matter of a built rear and transmission. Oh and some suspension and slicks.

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 10-18-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Very good race, props to the Caddi, I own a 2009 CTS, I always wondered about the CTS-V.

My "rivals" would be my Uncle and GrandFather, both own Supras, both started working on them before it was normal to upgrade them. My uncle has spent hundreds of thousands on each of his Supras, and will never stop working on them... I think i'll go pick the fight with my Gramps haha.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Greddy is my rival. We've been going back and forth for awhile now. Got him on the street when his tune was off, but then he turned around and pulled an ET 2 tenths faster than me on basically the same 60', with a much higher trap. I think I can beat his ET since he's down for the winter and I can keep trying being that I live in NC... but its not over by a long shot even if I do get that 11.3-low 11.4 slip, lol.

Also got a possible with my co-workers fiance. She's our accountant, but her fiance just bought a brand new 911 carrera S. Everyone at work thinks I'll get him from a dig (which IMO is his strongest point with the launch control, etc), but that the 911 is going to pull me up top. I disagree
Old 10-19-2012, 05:54 AM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Interesting thread topic....Ive been mulling over the answer to this, and the best/only rival I could come up with........ is my dad! Lmao.... We have essentially the same car, and up until recently similar mods.

I feel my car has been quicker than his mod for mod, but havent really been able to 'prove' it. I did run better times stock then he did with a cai/tune/ab.

He now has lt's, clutch, flywheel, lca, ab, ds, sts over me, and has beat me to the 12s (damn old man money! ), so now I just haved to do the same.... or better.... with less!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:37 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Greddy is my rival. We've been going back and forth for awhile now. Got him on the street when his tune was off, but then he turned around and pulled an ET 2 tenths faster than me on basically the same 60', with a much higher trap. I think I can beat his ET since he's down for the winter and I can keep trying being that I live in NC... but its not over by a long shot even if I do get that 11.3-low 11.4 slip, lol.

Also got a possible with my co-workers fiance. She's our accountant, but her fiance just bought a brand new 911 carrera S. Everyone at work thinks I'll get him from a dig (which IMO is his strongest point with the launch control, etc), but that the 911 is going to pull me up top. I disagree
The porsche is awesome out of the hole, it doesn't matter if it's a 4S or 2S, they both dig hard. The Porsche is a 12.1 car in the quater mile with the PDK semi-auto transmission or 7 speed manual depending on the year. So if your faster then a 12.1 in the quater you should have him and I highly doubt anyone has a chance on a top end highway race unless your in a GTR or something similarly awesome.....they are super cars. Gosh, I wish i could afford a porsche!!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
The porsche is awesome out of the hole, it doesn't matter if it's a 4S or 2S, they both dig hard. The Porsche is a 12.1 car in the quater mile with the PDK semi-auto transmission or 7 speed manual depending on the year. So if your faster then a 12.1 in the quater you should have him and I highly doubt anyone has a chance on a top end highway race unless your in a GTR or something similarly awesome.....they are super cars. Gosh, I wish i could afford a porsche!!
I should have him pretty well covered thru the 1/4 then. Last trip to the track I pulled 11.6 at 116, 1.67 60'. Hoping for an 11.4 in a couple weeks after it cools down. Not sure about the top end, but if he's already 5 tenths behind me, its going to take a lot of top end to close that big of a gap.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:51 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Hard to imagine a breathed on LS1 not having some good top end of it's own.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:57 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

my god did that gtr wake the eff up with those minimal mods! tune, cai, exhaust work and some injectors must have gained atleast 100whp on that thing from how he yanks that V.

but anyways, stone said it best that we're rivals, now it would be a lot cooler if he actually lived closer than 14 hours away lol. if stone gets me over winter than that just gives me a good goal for the spring. cant wait until we both start using the shot and see who responds better to it.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
my god did that gtr wake the eff up with those minimal mods! tune, cai, exhaust work and some injectors must have gained atleast 100whp on that thing from how he yanks that V.

but anyways, stone said it best that we're rivals, now it would be a lot cooler if he actually lived closer than 14 hours away lol. if stone gets me over winter than that just gives me a good goal for the spring. cant wait until we both start using the shot and see who responds better to it.
IMO, you're set-up better to hold the spray than I am. You've got the trans, rear, and definitely the tires to hold more power. I'm pretty much teetering on the breaking point when it comes to traction with just DRs.

Quick Reply: VID: Friendly rivalry between a GTR and CTS-V, who is your rival?