Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

Need some help with tuner

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 07:40 PM
MustangMike908
1st Gear Member

Default Need some help with tuner

Well I have a 2010 mustang gt premium

I am going to add this along with tuner (in case it matters)

-K&N CAI and Air filter (when CAI is released, not out yet)
-Magnaflow axleback exhaust

My question is basically what are the main differences between the Diablo Trinity and the SCT X3 + SCT TSX

I saw both at a show about 3 weeks ago and I love the Trinity and the representative from Diablo had some good things to say about it. The SCT X3 was there as well and so was the TSX, but I didnt get much time to talk with the guy about them

So basically whats the differences and what would each do differently for my car? If both are similar I'd probably just get the Trinity

thanks in advance
Old 03-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

Well, the Trinity has waaaaay more features than an X3 for sure, like full color touch screen display, on screen virtual dash monitoring, etc.

To compare the Trinity to the TSX, well, first thing would have to be price.
Trinity comes in at a easy on the wallet $599.
Best price I can find for the TSX today is $849. Ouch.
Sounds like a big markup for wireless flash capability, which to be honest, scares the crap out of me!

Then there is the support available for the Trinity...from our specific Ford Trinity Gas forums, to your favorite Mustang forum, we are here to help should you need it.

Obviously I know a little more about the Trinity, but it has a virtual dragstrip built in, and you can measure 0-60, 0-100, 1/8th or 1/4 mile times, and can launch off a drag tree or from a motion start.

It supports hours of datalogging, and can save multiple logs.

Users can create their own virtual dash layouts or use the preconfigured layouts for their vehicle in the Trinity.

It has 2 analog inputs, so you can display/log a wideband or two, or EGT, or any linear 0-5V sensor.

The Trinity also supports hundreds of vehicle applications, in one part number.
It will work in Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Jeep, gas and Diesel applications, as well as some other random vehicles like 06-08 Mazda B-series trucks, Vauxhall VXR8, and more....with more applications being added all the time.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2010, 06:27 PM
MustangMike908
1st Gear Member

Thanks Mike.

The price isn't much of a problem but the Trinity, like you said, does seem to have more "cool" capabilities.

I still am not 100% sure on the Trinity vs TSX yet, but as I have been, I'm leaning towards the Trinity
Old 03-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

Dont forget, Trinity has even more features that have yet to even be enabled, like serial inputs and SD card support!

Looks like I forgot to mention the ability to set individual LED gauge alarms for any PID you are monitoring, as well as set an LED shift light (one LED, all LEDs, or a progressive pattern)!