Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

Try not to sh** yo pants

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:01 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

So we want to start a contest to give one of these away, with a special Bama-edition iPad. What would you guys do for one? How can we make an awesome contest out of this?

Oh and yes, we will be selling the iTSX on AmericanMuscle.com as soon as it's available!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:32 PM
schmallz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
So we want to start a contest to give one of these away, with a special Bama-edition iPad. What would you guys do for one? How can we make an awesome contest out of this?

Oh and yes, we will be selling the iTSX on AmericanMuscle.com as soon as it's available!
Sounds intersesting.

Assuming you have heard more than us, how capable is this thing going to be? I don't want to do any custom tunning my self, I just want to know if I can have 3 seperate tunes.
91 (MPG)
91 (sport)
107(crack)
Old 02-22-2011, 02:43 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

What happens if your bluetooth fails in the middle of loading a tune?
Old 02-22-2011, 04:24 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

those of you thinking of rolling with one of these plugged in need to consider how far out that dongle sticks. i have this fuel economy thingy that i was testing out that has a dongle that same size. where the OBD port is on the 10 puts that dongle right on my knee, i would break that thing off in two days time bashing it with my knee.

that said im not the recline and ride sort, i like to be up close so if you lay down and drive it might be fine, just a fair warning.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:18 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by schmallz
Sounds intersesting.

Assuming you have heard more than us, how capable is this thing going to be? I don't want to do any custom tunning my self, I just want to know if I can have 3 seperate tunes.
91 (MPG)
91 (sport)
107(crack)
It's going to be identical to any other SCT devices. Like the TSX or Livewire, it will have on-screen datalogging, plus preloaded strategy tunes and the ability to hold custom tunes from dealers. It will also read/clear CEL's and pass-thru datalog.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:20 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DreamerGT
What happens if your bluetooth fails in the middle of loading a tune?
Same thing that happens if your car battery dies during flashing or if you bump/pull out the plug on a regular X3/X2/Livewire during flashing. PCM failure.

The TSX hasn't had any problems, so I'm not worried about it. If you ensure that your iPad is always atleast 1/3-1/2 way charged you won't have any issues that you wouldn't with any of the previous SCT devices.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:21 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
those of you thinking of rolling with one of these plugged in need to consider how far out that dongle sticks. i have this fuel economy thingy that i was testing out that has a dongle that same size. where the OBD port is on the 10 puts that dongle right on my knee, i would break that thing off in two days time bashing it with my knee.

that said im not the recline and ride sort, i like to be up close so if you lay down and drive it might be fine, just a fair warning.
This will be more like a cap, and won't really add any length to the OBDII port, so it shouldn't be an issue.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:57 PM
bgaff

you keep saying i pad but will i be able to have it on my iphone... do u know the name of the app so i can check...im worried that it will take up alot of space and i will have to delete the other stuff... also is it car specific or can i buy one and use it on diff cars as long as download the right tunes?
Old 02-23-2011, 12:29 AM
schmallz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Same thing that happens if your car battery dies during flashing or if you bump/pull out the plug on a regular X3/X2/Livewire during flashing. PCM failure.

The TSX hasn't had any problems, so I'm not worried about it. If you ensure that your iPad is always atleast 1/3-1/2 way charged you won't have any issues that you wouldn't with any of the previous SCT devices.
A double USB cigarette adapter will keep it charged up.

I've held my share of code readers, the unit itslef doesn't look that large.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:32 AM
schmallz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bgaff
you keep saying i pad but will i be able to have it on my iphone... do u know the name of the app so i can check...im worried that it will take up alot of space and i will have to delete the other stuff... also is it car specific or can i buy one and use it on diff cars as long as download the right tunes?
Yes, itouch/iphone/ipad are all capable and I wouldn't be suprised if you could connect it to your mac book or note book, at least in the future.