Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

bama windows 8

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 07:57 PM
samiamthemustangman
1st Gear Member

Default bama windows 8

I have a Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner and windows 8. I have used several search engines to find out how to up date device drivers. No one is helpful with windows 8. It does not have the same windows start up. Please make this easy for me and every one else.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:48 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by samiamthemustangman
I have a Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner and windows 8. I have used several search engines to find out how to up date device drivers. No one is helpful with windows 8. It does not have the same windows start up. Please make this easy for me and every one else.
Since the new Windows 8 has a different start up, there's a few things you have to do. Give SCT a call and they'll get you squared away!

Basically they'll send you a download to update your Software and you'll need to update your USB drivers. This should allow you to use Windows 8 with your current SCT device! They'll get you squared away very quickly.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan
Old 04-24-2013, 04:28 PM
samiamthemustangman
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Since the new Windows 8 has a different start up, there's a few things you have to do. Give SCT a call and they'll get you squared away!

Basically they'll send you a download to update your Software and you'll need to update your USB drivers. This should allow you to use Windows 8 with your current SCT device! They'll get you squared away very quickly.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan
You are the first to respond out of a hundred plus viewers. I appreciate the advice. The tuner is from American Muscle. I just got it a week ago and the drivers should be up to date. Are they?
The car has a passive anti-theft system problem. It's going to the dealership and then new paint. I am in no rush to update the drivers. I wish the tuner staff at AM was a little more friendly. My tune shocked him. I can handle bad news. A little empathy, "I am sorry but" or a calmer response would have gone a long way. Customer service has to be repeated regularly to some employees. I am in no rush to call back. But, the product is probably amazing with the tune being close enough and worth all the trouble.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:31 PM
samiamthemustangman
1st Gear Member

B.T.W. I wish you would have been on the other line on the phone. Great key words and friendly.