Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

Question about Bama Tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 01:10 PM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Default Question about Bama Tune

I had a couple questions as I'm doing research on purchasing the Bama Tune with the Airaid CAI.

1) Can you switch the tune back to the original stock tune at anytime if needed?
2) Would a dealer be able to tell if you had a tune on the car before? For warranty reasons. (Not from wear and tear but from some kind of computer trace?)

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2015, 02:57 PM
BlindGUYnAR
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pr0cl1v1ty
I had a couple questions as I'm doing research on purchasing the Bama Tune with the Airaid CAI.

1) Can you switch the tune back to the original stock tune at anytime if needed?
2) Would a dealer be able to tell if you had a tune on the car before? For warranty reasons. (Not from wear and tear but from some kind of computer trace?)

Thanks!
Yes and yes.

You'd need to put the stock intake back on as well when returning to stock.

Dealer will know. If you aren't prepared to pay for damage that "might" occur don't play at all.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:00 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pr0cl1v1ty

Thanks!
Hey,

Good questions here on the Bama X4 & Airaid CAI and you're absolutely able to switch back to the stock factory tune. Once you're to have the device plugged into your OBDII port under your dash (Take a look around/above your left knee) the stock tune will get saved on to the device and then you would load up your Street, Performance, or Race Tune.

In regards to the warranty question that's another good one and as soon as a tech were to plug in their computer wouldn't start to throw red flags everywhere but if they're to hunt for it they can find it. My recommendation would be to get a feel for the service manager and see how they stand on modified cars. I've seen many modified mustangs come through dealers without any issues at all!

let me know if you have any other questions and i'm here to help!

Alex