V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

received ticket 4......

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Ftr-Speedy
2nd Gear Member

Default received ticket 4......

i got pulled over today by town cop, gave me a citation for a defective muffler. its not a fix-it ticket, and i have no set time to get it fixed. ok i have a header and a glasspack, no cats nothin else to my exhaust, no extention pipe. the glasspack is only few hundred miles old so aint bad, wonderin if it would be worth to take it to court or just pay the 30 bucks and drive slowly? all opinions welcome.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:20 AM
VertStangGT86
4th Gear Member

Default RE: received ticket 4......

If you take it to court I don't know on what grounds you would do that.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:06 AM
IntruderLS1
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, why bother pissing off the cop, and getting a judge to remember your face of $30 bucks? Pay it and drive slow in my book. (Well, slow when Smokey's around to hear)
Old 05-27-2004, 10:03 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

haha not every day a 4cyl stang gets a noise violation
Old 05-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

maybe you should do some real mods to that piece instead of running around with a lot bigger bark than your bite.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:40 PM
Ftr-Speedy
2nd Gear Member

trust me the bark aint bigger than its bite. ohh and as for really moddin it, not worth it since the body is JUNK. 10k easy just to fix all the rust on it. for now its my first car. ooo and the fact that i owe the doctors $500 in just a month and i'm only 18, umm i think bills will come first. so for tellin me to really mod it, give me the money and i will till then, back off what i do and keep your opinions bout my car to your self, understand SenorJ? good cause i don't wanna have to repeat myself to some one like you.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:56 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

You know I never did try strapping down a leaf blower to the intake duct of a car... man a 2.3 mustang would be perfect... hrmmm... I wonder what I can track down.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ftr-Speedy

trust me the bark aint bigger than its bite. ohh and as for really moddin it, not worth it since the body is JUNK. 10k easy just to fix all the rust on it. for now its my first car. ooo and the fact that i owe the doctors $500 in just a month and i'm only 18, umm i think bills will come first. so for tellin me to really mod it, give me the money and i will till then, back off what i do and keep your opinions bout my car to your self, understand SenorJ? good cause i don't wanna have to repeat myself to some one like you.
ummm ok, let me think a second. you have an 88(ish) hp car with a fairly free flowing loud exhaust. lets say that puts you at 100hp (generous). maybe if you divided the weight of your car by ten then the bark wouldn't be bigger than the bite, but until then, i'd say it is.

md, i think the only thing that would happen is mad *** throttle response, but otherwise nothing because the air isn't compressed, not to mention probably hot as hell.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Ftr-Speedy
2nd Gear Member

hhmm lets see, nope still trust me on the fact that i know more car better than u do, and yes my car is lucky to be pushin over 90hp at this moment, but for it running really rich and still be able to hang with a 02 v6 stang in the 1/4 mile. then i would say the bark aint that much worse than its bite, yes i still lost but what u expect when his car is pushin 2x more horse than mine is.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:41 AM
VertStangGT86
4th Gear Member

I think the main point is the cherry bombs shouldn't go on anything, doing all of that on the exhuast to a 2.3 is the same as putting one of those coffee can exhusts on a crappy civic or worse, a tauras wagon (yes I've seen one)

Quick Reply: received ticket 4......