V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Sort of another "Christmas list" problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 06:08 AM
xX98StallionXx
5th Gear Member

Default Sort of another "Christmas list" problem

Ok, so I have some things on my mind and need the advice of people who have been in similar situations

Soo, I am getting a "go to the shop free card" from my dad to repair my p/s pulley and just get my oil changed and other tune up stuff like that.

But im not sure if i should then ask my mom for a paint touch up or something else, i want to go for a Saleen look with my ext, not doing the whole kit at once i want bumpers and hood more then the rest, which could come later, but i would need to get those painted.

And with what ever money i get from relatives etc, i was hoping to get exhaust.

So basically i need to kno if i should use my money to get the kit, or most of it, and ask for a paint job OR if i should just go for exhaust... and maybe some other cosmetic piece i can afford.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:35 PM
JoJo96Vert
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Sort of another "Christmas list" problem

Alright, I say that you get your exhaust done before you put a kit on your car. I cant stand seeing cars that have body kits and everything that still have stock exhaust pipes and stock wheels, thats my opinion. And as far as the gift from your dad, I say either you or a friend does the oil change and tune-up stuff and just use the money towards something else. Neither one of them involve anything complicated, so I dont thin you'd have a problem finding someone that knows enough about cars that can help you out.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:38 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

IF YOU'RE GONNA GO AS FAR AS A BODY KIT INVESTMENT, THEN MAKE DAMN SURE YOU HAVE PLANS TO KEEP THE SIXER FOR THE LONG HAUL AND NOT UPGRADE TO A GT.

I'd get the exhaust, as it's pointless to keep getting body parts painted to match the car, because by the time you're done with the body, you'll need a new paint job so that all the colors match as your hood will be faded just a little more than the bumper you got after the fact, and the bumper will be a little more faded than the wing, etc, you get my point.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Stang562
4th Gear Member

I think you should get some rims before the bodykit, and exhaust right after that, so you would line up the exhaust tips with the rear bumper
Old 11-01-2006, 01:41 PM
xX98StallionXx
5th Gear Member

Well, as of now my car is not drive-able due to a cracked power steering pulley, and my check engine light is on, so i kinda need to get my car checked out by someone who knows, and plus around here theres a shop that does full point service checks for 35 bucks. As far as the paint and bodykit and what not, i need to get my front bumper repainted for sure because its starting to chip and crack. But i think the body kit can wait and ill use the money i get for christmas (usually close to 300 since my parents are divorced and i have like a million grandmas ) for my exhaust. Does that sound like a plan, i mean i only plan on having my mustang for alil under 10 years once i can afford a GT im gonna get one.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:44 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

gears!
Old 11-01-2006, 01:47 PM
xX98StallionXx
5th Gear Member

lol, i cant do anything that drastic, i need to drive the car asap! and being i would have to beable to install this stuff at like 30 degree temps i would want it to be quick and easy lol. Plus like i said, one day i will get rid of it and i dont want to totally F with my car.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:52 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Well, if you plan on selling your car in the future, I would say dont do any modding. You never receive what you give in modding, especially a v6. Do your normal services and save your money...
Old 11-01-2006, 02:02 PM
xX98StallionXx
5th Gear Member

well, i am gonna keep it for the duration of highschool and i want somethin that will turn the ladies head while my stang catches their eye lol, thats why i wanted a kit.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:48 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Burning wheels would catch my eye better than a kit, although I am no lady.

Quick Reply: Sort of another "Christmas list" problem