V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

?????how much hp

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 08:02 PM
cobra232
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ?????how much hp

ORIGINAL: SilvrStang

160-170 to the wheels. If u plan on modding it go with Air Intake first. Its a nice and helpful mod
no it's not. it's a complete waste of money.

fools like you are the ones that make people sopend money on usless mods instead of mods that actually give power.

CAI's are usless on the V6 $150 for a wopping 3hp. sorry not worth it. pullies are OK 8hp for about $90 but still not much of a gain.

save the money and get gears and a nitrous 100 shot and an Xcal2

again CAI's are a waste. i wish people would wise up and start to listen to those that have been down that road before with dyno testing to actually see what the gains are
Old 12-09-2006, 08:10 PM
SilvrStang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cobra232

160-170 to the wheels. If u plan on modding it go with Air Intake first. Its a nice and helpful mod

fools like you are the ones that make people sopend money on usless mods instead of mods that actually give power.

CAI's are usless on the V6 $150 for a wopping 3hp. sorry not worth it. pullies are OK 8hp for about $90 but still not much of a gain.

again CAI's are a waste. i wish people would wise up and start to listen to those that have been down that road before with dyno testing to actually see what the gains are

Dude yes they are! Well thats your opinion but its worth it for more throttle response. More airflow is always a plus[8D]
Old 12-09-2006, 08:24 PM
cobra232
5th Gear Member

Dude yes they are! Well thats your opinion but its worth it for more throttle response. More airflow is always a plus[8D]
it's not an opinion. i have tested them and they don't give more airflow just a bit smoother and alittle more velocity than a stock setup with stock paper filter.

a stock airbox with the silencer snorkel removed and a K&N typer filter is worth the same amount of gain which is no more than 5rwhp on the best day.

throttle response is really no different. it's all in your head

if your that stupid to spend $150+ on a CAI that gives 3-5rwhp tops then by all means make some else rich. if you want true power gains for the money then skip the CAI and get a nitrous 100 shot for just alittle more

why do you think i post??? to sway people away from improving their car??? no i don't want them to waste money on stuff that won't improve their 1/4 mile times at all. my advise is based on experience and given so others won't make the same mistakes i did.

mods are expensive and why waste money if it doesn't help. sure it give a cool throttle sound but not really anymore power that's worth the money and effort

the stock intake tube is larger diameter than CAI tubing so please tell me how more air is moving through than the stock airbox setup without the silencer and K&N type filter in place

what's your opinion on a TB spacer and larger TB???
Old 12-09-2006, 08:29 PM
SilvrStang
6th Gear Member

you know what

f**k it u win [8D] . [:@]
Old 12-09-2006, 08:34 PM
cobra232
5th Gear Member

no offense but the dyno has taught me different than what you think.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:40 PM
tims 88 4
4th Gear Member

dynos are amozing machines ther is a .01% chance that they will lie to you maybe not even that
Old 12-09-2006, 10:56 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

OK, back on topic.

You have 190 bhp
150-165 rwhp

And before you ask.

0-60 Auto: approx 8.0 seconds with a good driver, high 8s with an adverage
0-60 Manual: 7.4 seconds with a good driver, high 7s to low 8s with an adverage

1/4 Mile Auto - 15.8 seconds with a good driver, 16s with an adverage @ around 84 mph
1/4 Mile Manual - 15.4 seconds with a good driver, high 15s, low 16s with an adverage

THREE GREAT STARTING MODS

1.) 3.73 or 4.10 Gears W/ FFRP T-Lok, or Detroit True Track, Eaton and Auburn are also great differentials
2.) Nitrous Oxide (best bang for the buck out there)
3.) Tuner (tune that puppy for the N2O, and maximum hp)
*4.) Exhaust, not a great hp maker, but the sound and look is all so worth it
Old 12-09-2006, 11:28 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

it's not an opinion. i have tested them and they don't give more airflow just a bit smoother and alittle more velocity than a stock setup with stock paper filter.

a stock airbox with the silencer snorkel removed and a K&N typer filter is worth the same amount of gain which is no more than 5rwhp on the best day.

throttle response is really no different. it's all in your head

if your that stupid to spend $150+ on a CAI that gives 3-5rwhp tops then by all means make some else rich. if you want true power gains for the money then skip the CAI and get a nitrous 100 shot for just alittle more

why do you think i post??? to sway people away from improving their car??? no i don't want them to waste money on stuff that won't improve their 1/4 mile times at all. my advise is based on experience and given so others won't make the same mistakes i did.

mods are expensive and why waste money if it doesn't help. sure it give a cool throttle sound but not really anymore power that's worth the money and effort

the stock intake tube is larger diameter than CAI tubing so please tell me how more air is moving through than the stock airbox setup without the silencer and K&N type filter in place

what's your opinion on a TB spacer and larger TB???
spacer is a waste, larger TB only helpful with atleast full bolt ons and a ported intake[8D]
Old 12-10-2006, 03:46 AM
kcjh23
1st Gear Member

CAI is just more noise than anything..
Old 12-11-2006, 08:33 PM
00raging stang
4th Gear Member

and if i have any advice to give you it would be to listen to j-thorn he knos what hes talking about