V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Rims

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Nerve_Damage

Default RE: Rims

ORIGINAL: deezelnut

ORIGINAL: Nerve_Damage

ORIGINAL: deezelnut

ORIGINAL: TleviT

This might be a dumb question, but.....
I want to get some rims, but wont rims slow the car down since there is more rotaional mass to spin?
Hmm, let me see...
You have an old mustang with nothing on it (CAI doesn't count)... I mean, you are slow as hell... man... and you worry about being slower... Ok, let me start over. Dont buy rims. buy new car. Good rims would run you around 1k-2k with tires. That's pretty much the value of your car. With nice rims you are not going to fool anyone. Everybody can see that your car... .well .... (fill the blank)
you have a touch of the assholism there guy
Assholism..... hmmm, yeah, that is pretty good. And yes, you are right, I probably do. but prove me I am wrong. Nothing is going to help his car to be better... it is sh!!!t6464. no rims make it better.
and what do you drive? actually the 3.8 is an awesome engine that has no more problems because they were corrected as the engine evolved. it will run forever
\Yeah, you are right. 3.8 is great. The car itself is sh!!ty, but the engine is pretty good. It takes all I have to offer. and FYI: I drive 00 v6,5 speed.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:22 PM
cisurfer
5th Gear Member

yea thanks for a being an obnoxious ******* just coming on here starting ****in trouble...and by the way i got the email you sent me saying i have the ugliest....****in *****
Old 02-26-2007, 12:51 AM
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

what the hell crawled up your ***, too bad he didnt ask how eveyone liked his car, get the rims and dont worry about the power loss it is slim to none and if matched with the correct tires u wont have to change/recalibrate your speedo
Old 02-26-2007, 01:04 AM
Flake6899
5th Gear Member

Haha look at this guy. Think hes tite cuz he has a 00 v6 hahaha. You have any mods btw tough guy?
Old 02-26-2007, 01:10 AM
grizzlylc

wow that dude was a jerk.Man do whatever you want rims mods its all good.Im sure like the guys above said it wont show much but it will make your car look good.btw there is nothing wrong with that car....old dude will prolly have that 00 v6 forever 10 years from now youll be movin by him at a stop light in a sick *** saleen.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:52 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I want to get some rims, but wont rims slow the car down since there is more rotaional mass to spin?
Hmm, let me see...
You have an old mustang with nothing on it (CAI doesn't count)... I mean, you are slow as hell... man... and you worry about being slower... Ok, let me start over. Dont buy rims. buy new car. Good rims would run you around 1k-2k with tires. That's pretty much the value of your car. With nice rims you are not going to fool anyone. Everybody can see that your car... .well .... (fill the blank)
I got my Cobras with big rubber, mounted and balanced for 900..
Old 02-26-2007, 03:14 AM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: baddog671

Hmm, let me see...
I got my Cobras with big rubber, mounted and balanced for 900..
same here.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:21 AM
maxxedout

I have 15 x 7 and 15 x 8 inch Centerlines on my 94 V6 Improved traction and handling and no loss of power..
( Pic of my son washing my car )..
Old 02-26-2007, 10:03 AM
deezelnut
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: maxxedout

I have 15 x 7 and 15 x 8 inch Centerlines on my 94 V6 Improved traction and handling and no loss of power..
is that a mach 1 at the bottom of the pic
Old 02-26-2007, 10:43 AM
gxszone
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: maxxedout

Get some dual exhaust and your car is set. The rims, tires and spoiler delete make the car look beefy.

Quick Reply: Rims