V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

NEED A TWIN TURBO KIT...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 05:06 PM
ROUSHJUDOKA

Default NEED A TWIN TURBO KIT...

Hey Im looking for a twinturbo kit for my v6 mustang 2000, are the ones from ebay reliable???
and also what is better... supercharger or twin turbo.... how many HP will increase??
I am not very familiar with turbos or superchargers...

THANKS!!
Old 10-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Flake6899
5th Gear Member

Default RE: NEED A TWIN TURBO KIT...

Just get a turbonator I heard they show gains of like 200rwhp :]

This was a joke btw haha
Old 10-15-2007, 05:36 PM
ROUSHJUDOKA

Sounds good, but from where???
Old 10-15-2007, 05:37 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

if you want tons of power but spend more money and it be way more work then go turbo. if you want simple easy and cheaper power then go supercharger. i dont think i would trust ebay for stuff like that.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:47 PM
ROUSHJUDOKA

ok thanks for the reply... do you know where I can purchase one... and how much would someone charge for installation?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:01 PM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

A fantastic kit: http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index...&parent=15

Install would be around 1,000-1,500
Old 10-15-2007, 10:10 PM
232mustang232

Alright Roush, as much as i admire you souping up your car, im going to have to shoot you down. The turbo charger will definately give you mroe hp, if your going for a twin trubo, Massively. If your going to install a Supercharger, Turbo, anything that is basically a high hp "ADDER." I wouldnt do it. I would only do this to a vehicle with less then 10,000 miles. Just thing how much stress this will put on a stock engine...nothing designed for such a power boost. Your rings are a small mettalic "gasket" that are repeatedly beaten on. If you go with anything CHANGE THEM!!!! IF you do get a s/c wich i will be doing in the near future, and if your not to mechanically inclined...but somehow you changed everything and prep'd it for your installation...i would go for something that wouldnt blow the hell out of your drivetrain...something like a ATI porcharger. Don't go with the Tuner Kit because you will have to do basic things like injectors, and a tune on your ECU...Superchip. Now this is all included but you will be able to run 11psi Boost...and going around 250 RWHP, now if you went with the standard procharger....it is extremely easy to install...no cutting of the EGR tube and no poping a hole in the oil pan, and no re-positioning of the a/c canister...just a simple bolt on proceedure. Now with a s/c your Redline for your RPM's will be a smaller limit, due to the fact of the stress on the engine...Just a heads up. If you want to feel the power, and feel the torque kick in..go with a turbo kit or have a custom kit done. You will be able to feel the boost. Just something to think about...I will be geting a s/c later..im going to be putting 3.73's in and a Tlock. Have a fun install and post pics!!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:13 PM
232mustang232

Just to let you know the ATI procharger kit...will be running around 3400-3600 Shipped. Great S/C reliable and an easy install!!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:21 PM
MUSTANG042004
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 232mustang232

Alright Roush, as much as i admire you souping up your car, im going to have to shoot you down. The turbo charger will definately give you mroe hp, if your going for a twin trubo, Massively. If your going to install a Supercharger, Turbo, anything that is basically a high hp "ADDER." I wouldnt do it. I would only do this to a vehicle with less then 10,000 miles. Just thing how much stress this will put on a stock engine...nothing designed for such a power boost. Your rings are a small mettalic "gasket" that are repeatedly beaten on. If you go with anything CHANGE THEM!!!! IF you do get a s/c wich i will be doing in the near future, and if your not to mechanically inclined...but somehow you changed everything and prep'd it for your installation...i would go for something that wouldnt blow the hell out of your drivetrain...something like a ATI porcharger. Don't go with the Tuner Kit because you will have to do basic things like injectors, and a tune on your ECU...Superchip. Now this is all included but you will be able to run 11psi Boost...and going around 250 RWHP, now if you went with the standard procharger....it is extremely easy to install...no cutting of the EGR tube and no poping a hole in the oil pan, and no re-positioning of the a/c canister...just a simple bolt on proceedure. Now with a s/c your Redline for your RPM's will be a smaller limit, due to the fact of the stress on the engine...Just a heads up. If you want to feel the power, and feel the torque kick in..go with a turbo kit or have a custom kit done. You will be able to feel the boost. Just something to think about...I will be geting a s/c later..im going to be putting 3.73's in and a Tlock. Have a fun install and post pics!!!!

so what are you saying you don't feel the same kick with the supercharger jw ?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:24 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

People s/c and turbo cars with 50k + and to this day haven't had any problems, and its not a super hard install if you have basic knowledge. I did my entire vortech install in 5hours.

Quick Reply: NEED A TWIN TURBO KIT...