V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Help! Someone Put Sugar in my gas tank

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:00 PM
pickleweed

Default Help! Someone Put Sugar in my gas tank

Help! I think someone may have put sugar in my gas tank. There is a loud whining noise coming from therear of my 97 mustang. I think it's the fuel pump? I'm guessing that the fuel filter is clogged. The car is also hesitating. Is it possible that someone put sugar in my gas tank and the filter is clogged, so thefuel pump is having towork extra hard thus creating the loud whining noise?
Thanks for the help.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:34 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Default RE: Help! Someone Put Sugar in my gas tank

What makes you specifically think it was sugar?

Your pump is probably going out.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:02 AM
SilvrStang
6th Gear Member

Or it might be a bad fuel filter
Old 11-09-2007, 01:12 AM
Jimmz
4th Gear Member

AHAHA funniest thread EVAR!!!

ORIGINAL: pickleweed

Help! I think someone may have put sugar in my gas tank. There is a loud whining noise coming from therear of my 97 mustang. I think it's the fuel pump? I'm guessing that the fuel filter is clogged. The car is also hesitating. Is it possible that someone put sugar in my gas tank and the filter is clogged, so thefuel pump is having towork extra hard thus creating the loud whining noise?
Thanks for the help.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:09 AM
SilvrStang
6th Gear Member

BTW sugar in the gas tank MYTH FAILS hard. No such thing and it cant ever happen!
Old 11-09-2007, 02:14 AM
Flake6899
5th Gear Member

Haha yeah i think i saw that on myth busters
Old 11-09-2007, 02:58 AM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Are you aware that your fuel filter is supposed to be changed every 12k miles?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:23 PM
pickleweed

Thanks, VCS, Silvr RyannsQuick6

“What makes you specifically think it was sugar?”

I don’t know whether it was sugar or sand or………But the mustang only has 67 thousand miles on it. I’ve never heard of a fuel pump failing after 67k miles without some help, but I’ve never had an american car either so…………
I live in a very contentious town. It’s a fishing village, but it’s also considered the surfing capital of Washington. It’s also been called the coldwater surfing capital of the world. The commercial fishing culture and the surfing culture both tend to be hostile cultures, and WP is no exception.
There’s a lot of bullying, hassling, and intimidation that goes on, rock throwing, waxing tires, physical violence, physical threats, broken windows, punctured tires, severed elk heads………
However, the main culprits are not locals they’re California transplants. They hassle people in the name of localism, and they claim “local status.” But they are not locals, and I’ve told them so. I’ve told some of them, to be a local, you have to have roots. In other words, to be a local you have to have ancestors who have lived here.
I am a local, and I don’t hassle people. My great, great, grandfather was one of the original homesteaders here. He had children with a local native girl. The native people who live here have been here for tens of thousands of years. One of these “transplants” has been here 30 years, but he’s still not a local. He’s a transplant, and he always will be.
They didn’t like what I had to say, and they have basically declared war on me and my family. For example, one of them tried to hit me with his car as I was walking down the street. Another one threatened to punch me, one yelled something at me and chased me in my little car with his full-size van. I pulled into a parking lot and he pulled into the same parking lot 30 yards away. For some reason I had neither a cell phone, nor a p***** that day…………..Those are the reasons why I think someone may have done something to my gas tank.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:29 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

dang it sounds like people there are messed up lol, don't know what to tell you...
Old 11-09-2007, 02:30 PM
smith710
1st Gear Member

I would recommend getting a gas cap that you need a key to open with.

Quick Reply: Help! Someone Put Sugar in my gas tank