V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Turning Radius

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 06:34 PM
3.Gr8

Default Turning Radius

One thing I loved about my old C280 was its turning radius, it could do a u-turn in my driveway. Is there any logical, inexspensive ways to better my 01 V6's turning radius?
Old 12-05-2007, 08:21 PM
mws96
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Turning Radius

mustangs just have a terrible turn radius, not a whole lot you can do about it expect get used it....
Old 12-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

Turn the wheel all the way to the direction you want to turn, and slam the gas. Maybe you can break the tires loose and do half a doughnut, lol. Other than that, no, you're pretty much stuck with the turn radius. A Mustang is a straight line car anyway.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:26 PM
raz54
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Xemeth

Turn the wheel all the way to the direction you want to turn, and slam the gas. Maybe you can break the tires loose and do half a doughnut, lol. Other than that, no, you're pretty much stuck with the turn radius. A Mustang is a straight line car anyway.

This is scary because I was thinking the same thing...lol I was going to also suggest a t-lock, then that rear end will spin around like crazy.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: raz54

This is scary because I was thinking the same thing...lol I was going to also suggest a t-lock, then that rear end will spin around like crazy.
What's even scarier is that we've agreed on two things in a row without bickering. Quick, someone post something we won't agree on, so things can go back to normal.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:08 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Flaming River makes a 2 1/2 turn quick ratio power rack to replace your sh!tastic 23 3/4 turn rack. Its a few hundred bux and worth every penny.

Now that doesnt really help the turning radious but it gets it done quicker.

I cant remember what camber/toe will help you turn but you can have a shop do it for you. Upgrade that front suspension with a kit from Maximum Motorsports and that will help a lot more too, make it tight and exact. MM can answer your questions in every detail.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:31 PM
raz54
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: raz54

What's even scarier is that we've agreed on two things in a row without bickering. Quick, someone post something we won't agree on, so things can go back to normal.

Now I can't agree to that...lol
Old 10-12-2008, 02:50 AM
sransari
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NeoTokyo
Flaming River makes a 2 1/2 turn quick ratio power rack to replace your sh!tastic 23 3/4 turn rack. Its a few hundred bux and worth every penny.

Now that doesnt really help the turning radious but it gets it done quicker.

I cant remember what camber/toe will help you turn but you can have a shop do it for you. Upgrade that front suspension with a kit from Maximum Motorsports and that will help a lot more too, make it tight and exact. MM can answer your questions in every detail.
howw ya doin? i've been lookin into the flaming river sportsman power rack for my 00 V6. Will it really make THAT much of a difference?! Our OEM rack is 2.75 turns lock-lock vs the FR's 2.5 turns. What can I expect after such an upgrade and is it worth the $700 for a DD?
Old 10-12-2008, 09:24 AM
03sixbanger
Ryan's Backup Mod

wow this thread is old
Old 10-12-2008, 10:25 AM
sransari
2nd Gear Member

thx, that's helpfu.

Quick Reply: Turning Radius