V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

how to look like a bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 07:37 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Default RE: how to look like a bullitt

You can technically go with black or blue, but that's only if you aren't a true traditionalist.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:19 PM
The Yellow Pinto

i LOVE the highland green...but my car is already green, wouldnt just change it a shade or two. im gonna go with poser mach 1 azure blue! AFTER the engine work, that is...gotta be as fast as it looks.

Old 06-09-2008, 10:38 PM
tuflehundon
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Matts 85 LX

In my oppinion if you want a car that looks like a Bullitt, get a Bullitt. Dont take a 6 and try make into something that its not, and that doesnt have that power. I dont mind people making the 6ers look good, and that because our 6ers look pretty plain jane to me. Not everyone is going to agree with me and thats fine. But making a 6 into a Bullitt, thats just a no no. But thank God we live in a free contry and you can do what you would like with your car !

Matthew
[/align][/align]Here's a question. You say that 6ers look plain jane. If I park my V6 next to a GT of the same year, the only diff externally is the dual pipes and badging. So do you not like our cars at all or what?[/align]
Old 06-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Ok, let me rephrase that, the base models looked plain jane off the line. No foglights, no spoiler, no cruse control, no hood scoop, no aluminum (or chome, or anything like that) on the inside, 15 inch hub caps (yes, hub caps), and Im sure there are other things Im missing but all that adds alot to the car.

Matthew
Old 06-10-2008, 12:35 AM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

maybe your year- mine came with spoiler, cruise, 16" aluminum wheels that were standard on 99-00 GT's, as well as the 99-00 GT/sixxer hood and sidescoops
Old 06-10-2008, 12:51 AM
alexr
★★★★★

ORIGINAL: tuflehundon

ORIGINAL: Matts 85 LX

In my oppinion if you want a car that looks like a Bullitt, get a Bullitt. Dont take a 6 and try make into something that its not, and that doesnt have that power. I dont mind people making the 6ers look good, and that because our 6ers look pretty plain jane to me. Not everyone is going to agree with me and thats fine. But making a 6 into a Bullitt, thats just a no no. But thank God we live in a free contry and you can do what you would like with your car !

Matthew
[/align][/align]Here's a question. You say that 6ers look plain jane. If I park my V6 next to a GT of the same year, the only diff externally is the dual pipes and badging. So do you not like our cars at all or what?[/align]
what about the wheels, fog lights, and rear bumper (if you want to get technical)?[8D]
Old 06-10-2008, 01:02 AM
ScottXL
2nd Gear Member

My 98 looks identicle to any GT other than the wheels [but mine aren't hub caps, they're aluminum], the rear bumper/exhaust system and badging... oh, and Fog Lights.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:13 AM
alexr
★★★★★

if you go for the spoilerless look, you'll want some nice fat rear tires. it looks akward without the spoiler and skinny tires. i wouldnt put anything less than 275's out back with a plain decklid.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:33 AM
The Yellow Pinto

i really, really dont like the wingless look on the 94-98s. the 99-04s look good without the wing.

and ^^^^^^^^^ is right. sh*t, the stockers on any stang, but particularly the 94-98s, look like they are TIPTOEING around on stock tires. i didnt think my stockers looked that bad...then i saw a 94-98 the other day on the highway with stockers. looked horrible. gotta get more money for my wheels!

Old 06-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Yeah, the 94-98 look very very sad stock. I love my car, but it took alittle bit of TLC to make her nice enough for public viewing.

Matthew

Quick Reply: how to look like a bullitt