V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Luminics Vs. SilverStar Ultra White

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 02:01 PM
96mustangv6
2nd Gear Member

Default Luminics Vs. SilverStar Ultra White

Ok im lookin for new headlights for my mustang, i was lookin at the Silverstar Ultrawhite at Autozone that clame to be like 30 % + better than stock halogan. But these Luminics clame to be brighter and they are $10 Cheaper and have free shipping. Which ones do you guys think are better.

here are the Luminics.

http://www.stangmods.com/Mustang-hea...bs-p/00432.htm
Old 06-11-2008, 02:35 PM
The Yellow Pinto

Default RE: Luminics Vs. SilverStar Ultra White

i have the luminics on my mustang right now. they have more of a blueish tint than the silverstars. honestly, they are a bit too blue for my tastes, but my stockers needed replacing. if you want more of a blueish, fake hid tint, go with the lumincs, if you want a bright white stockish look, go with the silverstars. i cant wait to see how much 6000k kit looks. i thinkt he lumis have more of an 8000k tint..

Old 06-11-2008, 02:43 PM
mooses
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: songtradingusa

i have the luminics on my mustang right now. they have more of a blueish tint than the silverstars. honestly, they are a bit too blue for my tastes, but my stockers needed replacing. if you want more of a blueish, fake hid tint, go with the lumincs, if you want a bright white stockish look, go with the silverstars. i cant wait to see how much 6000k kit looks. i thinkt he lumis have more of an 8000k tint..
So you bought the ultra white luminics and they have a blue tint?
Old 06-11-2008, 02:49 PM
96mustangv6
2nd Gear Member

Are they alot brighter than the stock head lights, how do they compare to the Silverstar ultra Whites though. I dont really care what the color is. im about to paint my car orange so blue or white dont matter. So like he said you bought those Luminics Ultra Whites and they are blue? I kind of want a blue tint and cant really afford Hids right now, can you buy different color luminc bulbs. and if so where at. But my main question is are they brighter than stock and how much if any brighter are they than the Silverstar Ultra.

I drive alot of back roads to and from work with alot of Hills and Twisty corners. And have seen lots of deer. And we have Amish. Im scared im either goin to hit a deer or an amish with these stock lights so i need to upgrade.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:49 PM
The Yellow Pinto

eh, no. my bad. :P i bought the ultra blue ones. im guessing the ultra white ones would be...ultra white. lol..

Old 06-11-2008, 02:55 PM
96mustangv6
2nd Gear Member

Are they alot brighter than the stock halogans though. I was on there sight and they affor Ultra White, Pure Blue, JDM yellow, and Ultra Violet. Are they all the same brightness jsut different colors. Someone was telling me before that Yellow is a real good night time bulb and makes it easier to see things.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:59 PM
The Yellow Pinto

they are a little brighter than stock.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:04 PM
96mustangv6
2nd Gear Member

Do you know if they are better than the Silverstars though, cause like i said i need something brighter for these back roads and cant afford a HID kit right now.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:24 PM
The Yellow Pinto

hm. your best bet would be to go to youtube, and search under luminics, and silverstars. youll see some examples. honestly, either one would be brighter than stock, and either one should be bright enough for you on back roads, esp. if you use the high beams.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:42 PM
NorCalMustang
1st Gear Member

I would definently go with Sylvania Silverstars. I had luminics for awhile and they looked nice but they just don't put out enough light so i switched to silverstars. Silverstars will give you much better visibility.

Quick Reply: Luminics Vs. SilverStar Ultra White