V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

DYNO RESULTS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 07:29 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Default RE: DYNO RESULTS!

ORIGINAL: Deepenough

Yeah... i knew that... big part of why im so upset. But i was upset with the numbers too... i should be making closer to 200rwhp... 167rwp is what a stock sixxer makes and all my mods are for high end gain... Jeeze what a day.

Oh yeah... my car is manual man...

Thanks for your help guys... oh and shud i just delete my IMRCs or how would i go about fixing it?
Not sure apparently its not a great idea to delete them on a N/A car. I got tired of messing with them so I bought a 99 lower intake.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Deepenough
2nd Gear Member

Yeah since im N/A i guess i shudnt do that... guess i can try tinkering with it. I just came accross a post in a nother forum same thing happened to that guy and he was making 164rwhp and 215rwtq. Fixed the IMRC andmade 215 rwhp and 215rwtq. What a pain though...

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:31 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Well if it makes you feel any better my 98 went 125.4 rwhp 210 rwtq. Very odd numbers there as well.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:46 PM
RED2000
2nd Gear Member

It is a pain to delete the IMRC's while the lower intake is in the car. You have to drain the coolant and if your lucky not the oil. You will also have to replace the gaskets. I had to go through and do that. It was a pain that i would never want to do again while its in the car.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:12 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Yeah I would not even attempt to do it with everything on the car, metal shavings ftL.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:29 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Pretty much every mod you listed increases torque and has little effect on hp. And our engines are already little torque monsters.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Deepenough
2nd Gear Member

How is that...? X pipe = less backpressure more flow... magnaflow catback is straigtthru style mufflers = higher flow... less backpressure. TheDensecharger has dyno results with proven gains in rwhp... perhaps the best out of all CAIs. Ported and polished lower and ported and polished/halfshafted TB all increase flow... and the U/D pulleys well they dont anyhting to do with flow but i should gain hp and tq. The 91 oct dyno tune should also gain me some hp over tq because the higher octane tune you have the more hp and less tq you will get. So with 167 rwhp and 213 rwtq it means ive seen ZERO gains in hp from factory and a good amount of torque even though my car isnt set up that way... . As i said i said there is no check engine light but when i scan for DTCs it says P1519 which is IMRC stuck closed. That would really explain things. I can take out the lower i dont have a problem with that its just i dont know if its worth it to take out the IMRC...it should cause a loss in tq and a small gain in hp because those IMRC valves all restrict airflow. If you have ever seen them open its obvious that they are resrtictive... It cant be that bad... how did the 99s live without IMRC?
Old 07-12-2008, 01:18 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

How is that...? X pipe = less backpressure more flow... magnaflow catback is straigtthru style mufflers = higher flow... less backpressure. TheDensecharger has dyno results with proven gains in rwhp... perhaps the best out of all CAIs. Ported and polished lower and ported and polished/halfshafted TB all increase flow... and the U/D pulleys well they dont anyhting to do with flow but i should gain hp and tq. The 91 oct dyno tune should also gain me some hp over tq because the higher octane tune you have the more hp and less tq you will get. So with 167 rwhp and 213 rwtq it means ive seen ZERO gains in hp from factory and a good amount of torque even though my car isnt set up that way... . As i said i said there is no check engine light but when i scan for DTCs it says P1519 which is IMRC stuck closed. That would really explain things. I can take out the lower i dont have a problem with that its just i dont know if its worth it to take out the IMRC...it should cause a loss in tq and a small gain in hp because those IMRC valves all restrict airflow. If you have ever seen them open its obvious that they are resrtictive... It cant be that bad... how did the 99s live without IMRC?
IMRC's are killing your gains. And it IS that bad, my IMRC's were stuck closed on the dyno when I went to have my car tuned and I made a whopping 179hp/230tq .... We fixed the problem at the dyno and the next pull shot up to 245/250. The 99s lived without them easy they didn't have to worry about them being stuck closed!
Old 07-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Deepenough
2nd Gear Member

Well i think i fixed them somewhat... i just unplugged and plugged the actuator back in and the backplating was off...like the black plastic housing/plating whatever u want to call it... i didnt want to take off the lower as well so i just put hi temp silicone and it is now holding tight... i cleared the DTC and it isnt coming back... i realized u could see it working from the side... so i revved it up and it opens but MUTCH higher than 3000 rpm... more like 4500rpm ++ untill it opens... is it possible that they open earlier when under load? I can audibly hear the difference in engine sound when they open up... is it possible to get Ford or someone to adjust when they open up? Or is seeing when they open up when not in gear a bad indicator? Thanks!
Old 07-12-2008, 03:56 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Well i think i fixed them somewhat... i just unplugged and plugged the actuator back in and the backplating was off...like the black plastic housing/plating whatever u want to call it... i didnt want to take off the lower as well so i just put hi temp silicone and it is now holding tight... i cleared the DTC and it isnt coming back... i realized u could see it working from the side... so i revved it up and it opens but MUTCH higher than 3000 rpm... more like 4500rpm ++ untill it opens... is it possible that they open earlier when under load? I can audibly hear the difference in engine sound when they open up... is it possible to get Ford or someone to adjust when they open up? Or is seeing when they open up when not in gear a bad indicator? Thanks!
IMRC's wont upen unless your under load...

You can't rev the car and see them open.

Quick Reply: DYNO RESULTS!