V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Hit a truck!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

I HATE aftermarkets (head and taillights) on Mustangs. They DONT look good at all. Please, please, please, go back to OEM.

Matthew
Old 01-08-2009, 11:55 PM
RedStarBelgrade
BEWARE OF THIS SELLER. He will sell you junk and call you an idiot for falling for it. Know what you are buying! Admin

Yeah guys Im going back to OEM with tail tomorrow! I found the used ones for 30 bucks. I want a pair of new heads too (stock, or something better). Im kind of tired of the aftermarket ones. I liked them, i had them, but now want to go back to OEM. They just didnt do it for me...maybe for a short!

I had a 1000 bucks ready to get a cam, but something came up so i had to spend some of it Now i'll spend the rest on lights, hood scoop and side scoops...and maybe paint my side skirts and put them on! My gf said shes giving me 200, so i might even drop it.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:49 AM
RedStarBelgrade
BEWARE OF THIS SELLER. He will sell you junk and call you an idiot for falling for it. Know what you are buying! Admin

So is there any write ups how to tint the tails?
Old 01-09-2009, 01:02 AM
Azrael
2nd Gear Member

They make a spray for it. Google will help on that one. Or, be cool and buy tinting film. Oh, did I say cool? I meant really, really dumb. Spray is the better option here.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:40 AM
Zach333
3rd Gear Member

i beg to differ

Old 01-09-2009, 01:42 AM
RedStarBelgrade

Originally Posted by Zach333
i beg to differ

Ive seen that cobra before, its sick! But what are those tints, spray, covers...?
Old 01-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Zach333
3rd Gear Member

vinyl tint overlays from stangmods.com

i got them on my car... its easier to do than spray imo and if you do it right you cant tell they are overlays... even in you do it wrong you cant tell unless your like a foot away

they come in smoked and blackout... i can take a picture of mine if you want me to

EDIT: Don't buy covers they look stupid... go with spray or vinyl... or some tint shops even can do it which is probably the best way
Old 01-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Azrael
2nd Gear Member

I was joking in the entirety of my post. Spray tinting your tail lights would be like spray-bombing your car. It's better to go with covers, in my opinion. No hassle. Otherwise, you have to get bubbles/all other mistakes out, which is a bit of work. Spray is useless and can wear. Covers are great, easy, and some even have guarantees to last "x" years.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:12 AM
RedStarBelgrade

Originally Posted by Zach333
vinyl tint overlays from stangmods.com

i got them on my car... its easier to do than spray imo and if you do it right you cant tell they are overlays... even in you do it wrong you cant tell unless your like a foot away

they come in smoked and blackout... i can take a picture of mine if you want me to

EDIT: Don't buy covers they look stupid... go with spray or vinyl... or some tint shops even can do it which is probably the best way
I dont really trust this vinyl tint, but let me see some pics!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:28 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

+1 tinted stock

Also if you were drinking then serves ya right. I have friends and a kid and don't want them hurt by some dumbasses mistake.

I have no respect or patients for people who drink and drive, even if its 1 beer.

If you didn't then kudos and sorry about the rant.

-Eric-

Quick Reply: Hit a truck!