V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

We're having a boy!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 10:35 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RyansQuick6
We're most likely going to name hime Cody William, after our father's. Our families have always had an unspoken tradition of family names passing on.

As soon as he's old enough to actually turn wrenches I'm buying him a classic mustang so we can do a frame off resto-mod, and we'll hopefully have it finished when he gets his license and then the car is his. Nobody seems to teach their kids any kind of values and lets the disney channel babysit and I refuse to allow my child to grow up like so many of the S197 retards have. It also gives us something to share and I get to teach him all the stuff I've learned, and he'll have a "brand new" car that he can fix if it breaks, and he'll value it for all the hard work he put into it, hopefully. I want to try to have him in karting by 3, maybe 4 and move him up through to the 125cc shifter karts by around 7 or 8 and then to Formula SCCA by around 12. At 20 years old he'll already have 16+ years of driving and car building experience lol

I really hope he likes cars as much as me, but if he's not into it, then I won't be upset, I want to teach him about cars and sports and maybe he'll do like me and his grandpa's and play football, baseball, basketball and soccer. I played for the all Marine soccer team, my dad was and all-state running back, my mom was the head cheerleader, Mandy and I both went to gifted schools, she has 2 degrees, I have 1/2 a degree and a hell of an alcohol tolerance lol, her dad is a retired state trooper that played football through highschool, her mom was a teacher. I'd say we have a pretty good gene pool going into this little one lol
Heh now, I grew up just fine for my parents giving me a miller high life and putting me in front of the tv to watch Fraggle Rock, Muppets and ALF. (I think I turned out ok, could be wrong though, I did buy a s197)
Old 01-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Shaunmac9128
6th Gear Member

That depends, how old are you? lol.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:13 AM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Originally Posted by RyansQuick6
I gave up on a matching baby seat, it would be easier to get the matching Recaro fronts lol

I think it's great that the cool as hell recaro seat is actually the best and safest one on the market, it gives me a good excuse to "justify" it. lol

I HIGHLY doubt I'd do a galaxy or torino, too much of a PITA, you can build a stang or F100 out of a catalog now, and it won;t be TOO expensive over the long haul lol.
Body in white crate car?
Old 01-05-2010, 12:46 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

If only Dynacorn would do a few more Ford bodies, I'd jump on a "brand new" F100 body. The 68 stangs are pretty nice and the shells with doors are only $15k, which when you really look at what it takes to make sure an "original" body is restored, it can end up costing much more than that.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:04 PM
TurtleSLow
3rd Gear Member

the reason me and my dad picked a torino to restore, was the fact that nobody really has one. especially the 72. the last few years we have been to all the local cruises in metro detroit, like the woodward dream cruise and such, and i have only seen two. one was a starsky and hutch knock off, and the other wasnt a 72. also, we got it for pretty cheap. we talked the guy down to 1200 bucks for the whole car, the interior was MINT as could be, so all we had to do was do body work for the most part
Old 01-05-2010, 01:45 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

My dad had a 71 Mach 1 back in high school, while not my favorite body style, we may do something along those lines. But buying the chassis is probably 2-3 years away at this point.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Shaunmac9128
6th Gear Member

Hes not even born yet Ryan, lol take it easy.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:18 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

I never really liked the 71 body style either, TOO BIG and bulky. My father used to have a 68 mustang until my lil brother wrecked it (not his fault but still wrecked), beautiful car, I always wanted a 67 Mustang 4 speed car(love the dual side louvers). Congratulations on your unborn son (first child I'm assuming), he will change your life forever, my son definitely slowed me down on all the dumb **** I was doing at the time (Millenium Baby). Suddenly, there is something in the world to live for and appreciate rather than living in the moment without a care in the world. Good Stuff.

Last edited by JKs95stang; 01-05-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:48 PM
neo8222
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NeoTokyo
Awesome Congrats Ryan!

Let me tell you, you will feel no love like the love for you kid.
I know some guys will be all like "Awe that mushy crap is stupid and gay" but **** them for being stupid and closed minded.

I really never thought that I would be good at being a dad till my little girl came along (She turned 4 on the 2nd.)

You should start YouTubeing for those modified electric mustangs that you can buy in Wal-Mart and other stores. Theres a couple on there of a little kid drifting the damn thing

I know Cody William will have a great father in you.
found them i wish i had one of those when i was 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jczhl...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccKBW...eature=related
Old 01-05-2010, 11:50 PM
sIx
4th Gear Member

lmao, nicceee

Quick Reply: We're having a boy!!!!!