V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Sequential Tail Light Help

Old 03-11-2012, 04:03 PM
HellSWAT

Jeez, you seem to have worse-er problem then me... Should be the flasher but since I have no clue how **** works, then you can't count out the sequential tail light kit he sold you either... But if all fails, recheck how you wired it in... maybe send him a picture of it too... If one Mexican (that can't read english) can do my wires, I'm sure you can do it too :-P. Good luck with yours and try to ask him to send you a modified turn signal flasher if you're trading.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Paix Wolf

I already sent him a pic, he said they were wired perfectly. If the breaks work the way they should then you know it's been wired right.

I will say though that all and all he customer service is amazing, he's even offered that if this next flasher I trade with him doesn't work to take the kit back and refund me my money.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Elan

Cool Worked for me... But....

I installed the kit from GT concepts and it seems to be working perfectly now...

But I had to slow down the flasher explained here:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l...ml#post7506686

Before I did that, they flashed so quickly that I thought it wasn't working right...

Good luck
Old 03-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Paix Wolf

Thanks my problem isn't how Fast try are flashing it's that it stops working randomly gtconcepts is sending me one of his flashers in the hopes it will help
Old 03-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Elan

Default Yeah... I see...

I'm no expert on this mod, but if both sides are both doing the same thing, then it has to be something that is common to both. Unless they were both wired wrong, which you have already verified... That's why I mentioned slowing the flasher down.

Before I did that, it was as if the rapid flasher was confusing the sequencers... Only 2 bulbs would flash sometimes and other erratic stuff... Honestly I thought I would have to clean the hazard switch but decided to modify the flasher first. Glad I did... With the slow flasher, they work perfectly...

By the way, I installed it yesterday after reading this thread... I was a little worried

But it sounds like the guy at GT is taking care of you... I applaud him for taking care of business...

Just make sure you let us know what fixes it...
Old 03-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Paix Wolf

Thanks I should have his new modded flasher Wensday if that doesn't work I'll try the above mod.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:19 PM
HellSWAT

There's a reason why the stock Tridon EP27 doesn't work... The flasher only flashes 2 light bulbs... when using either turning signals, hazards, break, etc, the tail lights only use the inner 2 lights only... If hes modding them, I hope he knows what hes doing... I returned the Tridon EP27 about 5 mins after testing (did this **** in the parking lot at 8pm :-P )
Old 03-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Paix Wolf

Well autozone won't let me return it once it's opened I wonder if gt knee this and figured we would just trade.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:10 PM
HellSWAT

That's weird, then again... I was outside of autozone for like 5 mins doing this **** pitch black at night lol... My plans before I buy from AM (if all plans fail):

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l...ml#post7506686

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2102479

The OP used this but I want to go slower :-P
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...62378#inTheBox
Old 03-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Paix Wolf

Yea I was outside with the person who I bought it from

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sequential Tail Light Help