V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Sequential Tail Light Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 PM
Paix Wolf

Default Sequential Tail Light Help

Hey guys, so my birthday came up earlier in the week and my grandmother sent me some cash for my mother to buy me something for my mustang so she picked up some sequential Tail Lights from GTconcepts over on ebay for $50. They were easy to splice in, and the hazards and breaks work like a charm, the only problem with them is that the actual turn signals don't sequence. If the car is on or not, when you turn a signal on, it'll either pulse at 3x the original speed from the original signal bulb then sequence or the original signal bulb with just flicker at 3x the original speed. I thought it might be the hazard switch since they are routed through, but I tried cleaning the connections up like suggested and it didn't do anything, when I play with the scotch locks it seems like the blubs start working or work a little better, but I already replaced one with a much better one and it didn't help at all. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

My first guess would be your rims are to ugly for the car (just kidding, sort of). Can you post a video of said problem? That might help us out alittle bit more because right now I dont understand the problem.

Matthew
Old 03-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Paix Wolf

Sure, give me about 10mins or so. The rims are a bit ugly, but they are the ones the car came with when I bought it.

Edit: that was far more then 10mins, sorry, the internet decided to die on me and then the video wouldn't upload and I couldn't log into youtube. >.>

Last edited by Paix Wolf; 03-08-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Paix Wolf

There is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysxbf...ature=youtu.be
Old 03-09-2012, 07:01 AM
nativenyerintexas
1st Gear Member

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/s...s1mdetails.htm

I have these and they work great on my 04 Mustang. They were truly plug and play. From my experience when it comes to lighting on my Suzuki Boulevard M50, when I wanted to add extra brake lights, I needed to add an extra module to slow down the blinking because of the OEM LED brake light. Do you have LEDs in your brake lights? One more thing I found out is you shouldn't have a combination of bulbs and LEDs on the same circuit. It completely screws things up.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Paix Wolf

Nope they are normal bulbs. gtconcepts the guy who made them said I installed them correctly and he things it's either my hazard switch connections need to be cleaned or in need a better flasher he was telling me to get some $20 one called triten ep27 or something
Old 03-10-2012, 07:16 AM
nativenyerintexas
1st Gear Member

I did see that somewhere... to use a better flasher switch. I would try that before anything else since that's the easier fix although more expensive that cleaning... but if you think along the lines that time = money then the flasher will be cheaper.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Paix Wolf

Well I'm going to try getting the flashes as gtconcepts said that he thinks the current one is mistaking the sequencers as bulbs being out. He also said if I get the triton ep27 and it doesn't work he will trade flashers with me cause he knows his works and if that doesn't work I can still return the sequencers.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:43 PM
HellSWAT

Hey Paix, I also bought from gtconcepts about 1 week ago but got some professional mexicans to put them on (they didn't read the instructions), at the end, it worked (lol?). I also had a small problems but the guy in gtconcepts said to clean the flasher... Only problem is, is that I'm not a car person, I tried to pull it out but seemed like I was going to break something. At the end, I gave up and left the minor problems. The guy in gtconcepts also stated that hes going to build a modified turn signal flasher using the triton ep27 in about 2 weeks. I said to him that I'm a impatient new yorker so hopefully they speed it up :-P. This is the exact message I sent to gtconcepts:

"I had the time to get some professional people that helped me put the sequencer tail lights in today. I've tested it out but had 1 problem. Besides the tail lights going fast, the first 3 seconds the blinkers are on (on both sides) will blink a little different (after the 3 seconds, it's good)... I'll try to illustrate by using 1,2, and 3 for the sequence of the light when the turn signals are on (this also happens when hazards are on).
etc...
My questions is: can this be fixed?"
Old 03-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Paix Wolf

I wouldn't know, it sounds like it was hooked up wrong, I tried the Tridon EP27 and it didn't fix my problem, it made it worse, the last light in the sequence when I put my hazards on stopped lighting.

My problem is that it goes:
123 or just

every now and again.

I showed him the video after I clean my flasher and my hazard connections and it is still having my problem, so I'm going to trade him a Tridon EP27 for whatever his flasher is in the hopes that it will fix it.

Quick Reply: Sequential Tail Light Help