V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Never Thought Id Own A Ford

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Mustangsz
1st Gear Member

Default Never Thought Id Own A Ford

Hi im a die hard chevy man but i sold my Chevy and finally gave in and got myself a 2000 Ford Mustang 3.8L With 205KM. I love the way the fords drive so far and had no problems really, the only thing im kinda lean on about is the car was a rebuilt in 2008 and the guy i bought it off says theres a new motor and clutch in it but theres a noise comin from the clutch everytime i press it he told me its the spring but others r tellin me its the throw out bearing, overall i just changed the oil to 10w30 because im not sure if it would burn oil or not but overall im kinda startin to get use to my mustang and liking it
Old 04-13-2012, 12:42 AM
TastefulNudity

I'm a Ford man myself and nothing quite hits the spot for me but the good ol' Mustang. The ride, the sorta bloated handling, the engine sound. It's all a great package. Congrats on your new car, you'll fall in love.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Mustangsz
1st Gear Member

like i said id rather push a chevy then drive a ford but now im just pushin ford to its limits aha. im startin to like so far 3.8L 5speed has enough power stock to eat them silly honda civics around town.. im startin to like it.. thinkin about removin silencer and putting a k&n filter drop in... see it under ur name u have it done u feel any different or sound??
Old 04-14-2012, 12:38 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

like i said id rather push a chevy then drive a ford but now im just pushin ford to its limits
Sell it and buy another Chevy, your making RIDICULOUS comments on a FORD forum. Good luck pushing that FORD to it's limits, might feel like it's fast, it's just the torque fooling you. It will fall on it's *** as soon as you hit sixty mph or so.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:21 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

With that kind of mileage I'd be taking it easy on the car. Use oils rated for high mileage engines and do routine maintenance and you'll be ok. However I would not modify the car much withy that kind of mileage all you're doing is shortening the engines life. Cai and exhaust is about as far as I'd push that drive train.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:28 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

One thing that I have learned over the years is that being a die hard against a brand/make really isnt worth it.

If a company was really so bad they wouldnt survive, at least not without some sort of bail out! (LoL sorry I couldnt help myself. )

All fun aside, instead of being a die hard against a brand, I am a die hard againt the model.

ie. Mustang > Hyundai Accent

But I dont hate everything a single brand puts out, I pick and choose which ones are crap.

I started as a Chevy boy, my first car was a 1970 Chevelle Malibu 2dr hardtop with a 396, my second was an El Camino.

My wife turned me to Mustang (And Ford in general) in 2003 with a White 1995 Mustang V6 5spd. Love that car but sadly she is sold and gone now.

Anyways, we have had a ton more Mustangs and Cobra's since, hell right now my wife has a 68', a 71' Mach 1 and a highly modded 96' sixxer that for the whole suspension the only stock FORD parts it has left are the front 03/04 A-Arms and the bare 01' GT SRA out back.

Cars in general are a lot of fun, no need to stick to a brand like its the only one in the world.

-Eric-
Old 04-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Frantz
2nd Gear Member

If a company was really so bad they wouldnt survive
Aww man, I'm a rambler guy /-=
Old 04-17-2012, 03:38 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

That was a different time though.
I am speaking in terms as in today.

but I have to ask, does that little Nash Rambler song carry any weight?
Old 04-17-2012, 03:40 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

For those in the dark about the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4W7oZBhAJg
Old 04-17-2012, 06:42 AM
Frantz
2nd Gear Member

I also like to pretend "Ramblin man" was about car guys too! But that's a different story. To the OP, I actually used to be a chevy guy (in high school when I didn't have any cars but wanted an El Camino). In time I just realized as long as it was American I should be a fan. And with my RWD only rule even today American is American (well North American anyway). Hope you enjoy your new Ford.

Quick Reply: Never Thought Id Own A Ford