V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

I NEED YOUR HELP AND OPINIONS

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Kidiam

Default I NEED YOUR HELP AND OPINIONS

Im new to the car world being only 16. I own a Black 1999 automatic V6 Mustang. Being young I still have alot to learn about cars. I got alot of ideas of what I want to do but I need help on how to do it and I need prices. Ive been to alot of shops asking prices and for some reason they seem to take advantage of me being young and kinda clue-less about alot of stuff. So I figure before I do anything Ill ask you guys, Mustang owners, who own the same car as me and know what they are talking about. Hopfully even learn alot more about cars or atleast my car.

I have alot of Ideas of what I want to do to my car but not sure how to do it, what would be the prices, and what to get.
My school is real big on cars. I want to be one of the cars that everyone talks about and wants to see and take a ride in.
SOme of the nicest cars in the parking lot are probably... 2006 Mustang, 2005 Mustang Convertable, Escalade, a few 2005 Dodge Rams, 2001 Trans Am, some kid drives a crossfire and as his winter car he drives a m300, and one of my favorites is my friends truck, he has tvs in the headrests, LOUD subwoofers, tv in the dash, ps2, camera so he can see whats behind the car, rims, just everything you could think of.

The main ideas I want to do are...
(www.cardomain.com/id/kidiam) <- my car domain website to give u a better idea of what im taking about for some of the stuff

PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS, i would really appraciate it.

Exhaust - I want dual exhaust with a low pitch rumble. I currently have a single exhaust. Ive heard one v6 mustang with dual exhaust and it sounded like one of those ricers. What are some good exhausts? How much would they cost? How much would labor cost?

Wheels and Rims - I look at all these mustangs on car domain and stuff and one of the main things that stick out to me is the rims. I want them to be bigger, possibly chrome. If I got with bigger rims would i need new tires? How much would tires be with bigger rims? what are some good rims?

Body Kit - I want my car to look more buff, Im not sure what it is but my car doesnt look as buff as other mustangs. I think the rims will make a big different instead of having stock rims. I was thinking about lowering the car a little bit, how much would that be? would i look better? Another thing was gettin a new front end something that is more bold like a saleen front end or something. How much would that cost?

Paint and Window tinting - I was thinking about gettin a new coat of paint to make the car shine, how much would that be? Or shoudl I wax it and polish it first before thinking about a coat of paint? My car already has tint on the windows just not sure the percent, I want them to be darker, would i need to get them removed and get new ones on or could new ones go on over the old ones? What r they prices on that?

Interior lighting (neons) - I want to have neon lights that glow down on ur feet, i want it to be blue, but i want it to match my color of my gauges so what would i need to do to change the color of the gauges? I also wanted those side pod gauges what do i do to wire those and what gauges should i put in there?

Audio - im not sure if all 1999 model mustangs have the Mach 460 series audio but if not mine does, but i want to have subwoofers in my car, but i dont want to take up the whole trunk, is there a way to hide the subwoofers or is there a good box to get or is there another place to put the subs inside the car? what are good subwoofers to buy?

Cd/Radio - I hate the set up on the cd player it sits really low and behind the shifter is there a way were i can get a cd player with radio built in and just put it where the radio was? and have like the neon switches on a cover where the cd player was or what could i do with the empty spot?

Please Please answer all the question that you know. Thank you!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:39 PM
NewMexMustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I NEED YOUR HELP AND OPINIONS

I would go with pypes exhaust (pypesexhaust.com), they have good prices. They sound deep. I you get bigger rims, you need bigger tires to fit around them. I would also look at getting a CAI while you're at it, they're not too much. Seems like you have a lot of cash to spend so I would also suggest you look at a supercharger (rpmoutlet.com). As far as the audio and sound stuff, I really don't give a fack about that, sorry.
Look around these sites:
mustangtuning.com
rpmoutlet.com
v6mustangstuff.com
Old 11-02-2005, 11:40 PM
NewMexMustang
5th Gear Member

OH, AND DON'T GET NEONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have a mustang, not a honda!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:41 PM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

Sounds like he wants to build a ricer to me....
Old 11-02-2005, 11:44 PM
NewMexMustang
5th Gear Member

As long as he stays with mustang stuff, like roush and saleen, he should be alright. Just don't get NEON LIGHTS, those are gay even on ricers IMO.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:48 PM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NewMexMustang

As long as he stays with mustang stuff, like roush and saleen, he should be alright. Just don't get NEON LIGHTS, those are gay even on ricers IMO.
I guess...but DEFINATLY stay away from the neon crap...And DON'T go wild on the paint...and don't get a ricer body kit..I hate body kits personally......
I would go with performance buildups before appearance stuff. Like GEARS, UDP's A FLASH TUNER...It's fun doing a brake stand in a 6er and everyone's jaw drops........

Edit..
And don't forget the T-Lok!!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:49 PM
NewMexMustang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03YellowPony

ORIGINAL: NewMexMustang

I guess...but DEFINATLY stay away from the neon crap...And DON'T go wild on the paint...and don't get a ricer body kit..I hate body kits personally......
I would go with performance buildups before appearance stuff. Like GEARS, UDP's A FLASH TUNER...It's fun doing a brake stand in a 6er and everyone's jaw drops........
Ummm...what's a brake stand?
Old 11-02-2005, 11:51 PM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

At a stand still, mash the brake pedal, floor it, and let the brake off= BURNOUT!!!!!
If you do it right, you just sit there with your back tires roasting
Old 11-02-2005, 11:53 PM
NewMexMustang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03YellowPony

At a stand still, mash the brake pedal, floor it, and let the brake off= BURNOUT!!!!!
If you do it right, you just sit there with your back tires roasting
COOL, I just got new tires soooooo I don't think I'll be trying it though.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:54 PM
NewMexMustang
5th Gear Member

WTF? Where'd my sig go?

Quick Reply: I NEED YOUR HELP AND OPINIONS