V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Throttle Problem!!!!!!!!?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 06:18 AM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Throttle Problem!!!!!!!!?????

ORIGINAL: S IHI II IB IB Y

hey i got a similar problem... dont wanna leech ur advice or anything but just bought a brand new 70mm throttle body, vortec TB spacer and MAC cold air induction kit. it worked fine right away didnt have to mess with idle or anything it was great then it started boggin a little, no biggie came back ok after a couple of days. THEN... punch it bring it down slow no matter what i did with the gas pedal it would stay at that rpm and come down REAL slow... then it got worse where it would just stay at that rpm and not come down, and finally tragedy struck. went up after release of gas pedal. im really utterly confused cause im BURNIN my clutch tryin to keep the rpms down at stop lights/signs. as soon as i take it out of gear its as if i floored it and didnt let off. havnt let it hit the RL yet but its gonna sooner or later and i dont wanna blow anything. pedal doesnt stick either by the way... checked that. im wondering if i need to change the injectors to 24# or something? i dont know what to do with it. but also if i am half clutchin it while stopped even tho the RPMs are down air is rushin somewhere and i think its in the TB thats really the only place it could be but i just need some advice cause im stumped and id rather not go back to stock if i dont have to. thx guys!
I hope you ported the intake to 70mm. If you didn't, you just gave yourself the double wammy, 1, you will actually lose a few HP if you didn't port it, and 2, the TB spacer does absolutly nothing for you unless you're going F/I, or pumping out major HP to begin with. Matter of fact, you may lose 1 or so HP with it.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:39 AM
S IHI II IB IB Y

Default RE:03yellowpony

so i have to port match the upper and lower? or just uppers or what MUST i do to get it running well again...? what/where is the very cheapest you can think of that i can get this done? i didnt know about port matching cause i asked the tech guys from the place i got it from and they said i should be ok. so im kinda ticked but plz if you wouldnt mind telling me everything i need to do to get it running well again, it would be VERY MUCH appreciated as i only have a junker mazda truck thats on its last leg other than my stang. thx a bunch for the info man wont drive it til its fixed now!
Old 02-18-2007, 12:32 AM
phys_dim

Default RE: RE:03yellowpony

http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/...rd_mustang.htm

RECALL: 2003 - 2004 Ford Mustang

[align=center]

NHTSA Campaign Number:
06V108000

Manufacturer
FORD MOTOR CO.

Recall Date:
APR 03, 2006

Potential Number Of Units Affected:

Description
VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL:ACCELERATOR PEDAL

Summary
ON CERTAIN MUSTANG COBRA PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE REAR SURFACE OF THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL MAY COME INTO CONTACT WITH FLOOR CARPETING DURING HEAVY THROTTLE APPLICATION. THE UNIQUE SURFACE PROFILE OF THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL MAY CATCH IN THE CUTOUT ON THE FLOOR CARPETING BEHIND THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL.

Consequence
THIS COULD INTERFERE WITH THE PEDAL'S ABILITY TO RETURN TO AN IDLE POSITION. UNEXPECTED, CONTINUED THROTTLE APPLICATION AND/OR INCREASED STOPPING DISTANCES MAY OCCUR WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.

Remedy
DEALERS WILL INSTALL A SHIELD OVER THE CUTOUT IN THE CARPET BEHIND THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL. THE RECALL BEGAN ON APRIL 26, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FORD AT 1-800-392-3673.[/align]
Old 02-18-2007, 12:40 AM
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

Default RE: RE:03yellowpony

u must remove the spacer for one then port the upper where the throttle body meets the intake for it to work properly but it wouldnt hurt to port and polish the whole intake, upper and lower