V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Drove a GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:17 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Default Drove a GT

As most of you know, i really want a GT and im completely done with my car for now until february when i can sell it. anyways, i was telling my friend with a GT that i would really like to drive one to see if its the car i really want. so i didnt expect it but he goes "here ya go. take it for a spin." so he gets in the passenger seat and im driving and WOW. thats all i have to say. the throttle response is amazing, he has an MGW and it shifts perfectly. the clutch is heavy just as all mustangs but i LOVE it... i expected a lot more power but i guess that's because everyone talks about it as being really fast.. its still 10x better than my auto v6 and i cant wait to pick one up next year. i love how you can still chirp/spin tires when your rolling at 10mph

im in love [sm=Awwww.gif]
Old 09-21-2007, 11:47 PM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Drove a GT

Its not that fast....did your friend let you floor it?
Old 09-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fiad06

Its not that fast....did your friend let you floor it?
It is compared to a sixer, when I first drove mine I loved the power and pull compared to my six.
The speed I thought it had, it still has, just that I've gotten used to itmore, but it's funny to see my friends who the fastest the car they've been in is a civic, and they go for a spin in an almighty V8 mustang. [8D]
Old 09-21-2007, 11:57 PM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

LOL i know what you mean...They get all excited...WOW WOW Its a beast lol
Old 09-21-2007, 11:58 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

i dont think they are all that great, ive drove an auto gt and a 5 speed gt and both times i didnt care for it all that much, nothing seemed too special about em.drove an auto mach once and that was quite a bit better.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:03 AM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

I drive auto mach1s all the time...and the slushbox makes them feel the same as my GT
Old 09-22-2007, 12:08 AM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fiad06

LOL i know what you mean...They get all excited...WOW WOW Its a beast lol
Yeah haha, today me and my buddy went out to get some food, and I wasn't even getting on it and outta no where, he was like "HOLY ****!!!, this thing's a beast!!,"...I was like, "yeah, i know," lol.
Then on the way home, I dropped to second and floored losing traction and he almost crapped his pants.[8D]
Old 09-22-2007, 12:19 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Ohh.....even better one.

About six months ago at work there was a semi buddy of mine that owned a Civic, and that's all he talked about, not he admitted my car was faster, but had no idea as to how much. So one night after I clocked out he went out to look at my car, so I showed everything to him, then he wanted me to go check out his Civic, so I agreed, and he wanted me to give him a little "FEEL" of the car. So I agreed. When I guned it, I swear, I didn't even get out of first gear and he was crapping his pants, hit second and made it to 50mph i like no time flat (about 1/4 the way across the Home Depot parking lot) he was screeming like a little girl for me to stop. So I hit the breaks, turn, and then make my way to his car which was on the other end of the parking lot from where I was parked. The dumb *** gets out of my car shaking and flipping out. Next day I told him, "hey, you need to go shampoo my seats" he goes "why" and in the break room in front of about 10 people I say "because you sh*t your pants last nigt."Another guy that worked there, Todd, was trying to sell an old lady a tractor out in the front, and he said he was mid sentence when he heard nothing but a loud roar followed by tires sqweeling.[8D]

Damn that was funny as crap.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:23 AM
PistonsFan102
2nd Gear Member

A GT is 100x better than a 6er, and then the same thing is said when you go to a Mach 1 and Cobra.
You do get used to acceleration after a while and it doesn't that fast anymore. But I get to my old man's Corvette once in a while and even then I get used to the acceleration after driving it a few times.

..........but upgrading to a GT was worth it to me, I'm happy I did it.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

I upgraded. Best mod I ever did to my sixer.

Sixers are cool and all, but a GT is a sixer that's better in every way. Think about it. The sixers are always doing mods to make their cars like a GT. Duals, bumpers, side scoops, fog lights, hood scoop. Not to mention the 70 HP/80tq.

And all the sixer fanboys that say "It's only a 2v, I'd never get one of them, blah blah..." It's still faster than your V6. Take all the work you put into the quick six you have, and put it into a GT, and you have a hell of a car.

Quick Reply: Drove a GT