V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Just Bought Vortech Kit...and here it is!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:28 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Just Bought Vortech Kit!!!

ORIGINAL: VCS_SSSTANG

Only takes 6hours to do that install, and thats with running to autozone ever 30min for something you don't have :P

v2! the "quiet one" :P
no really. they have a regular v2 that's still uber loud, then they have the v2 sq. i had the regular v2 s trim on my car and it was LOUD! my T trim is a lot quieter than that thing was at idle.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:04 AM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

ORIGINAL: nanaki

Only takes 6hours to do that install, and thats with running to autozone ever 30min for something you don't have :P

v2! the "quiet one" :P
no really. they have a regular v2 that's still uber loud, then they have the v2 sq. i had the regular v2 s trim on my car and it was LOUD! my T trim is a lot quieter than that thing was at idle.
Are you sure about that?
Old 04-04-2008, 10:00 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i don't have a picture of it and it's long gone, but the head unit only said V2 S on it and it was freaking LOUD. my T trim is a lot quieter than that was. i was under the impression all v2 S trims were sq. after hearing my stepdad's 06 GT with a V2 SQ, or actually, not really hearing it, then i knew there was no way mine was "super quiet".
Old 04-04-2008, 11:25 AM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

i don't have a picture of it and it's long gone, but the head unit only said V2 S on it and it was freaking LOUD. my T trim is a lot quieter than that was. i was under the impression all v2 S trims were sq. after hearing my stepdad's 06 GT with a V2 SQ, or actually, not really hearing it, then i knew there was no way mine was "super quiet".
Well i've seen v2's that dont say "sq" on the head unit.

They are still all "super quiet" because of the helical cut gears! Maybe you had a v1 badged as a v2?
Old 04-04-2008, 11:34 AM
RedStarBelgrade
BEWARE OF THIS SELLER. He will sell you junk and call you an idiot for falling for it. Know what you are buying! Admin

v1 badged as a v2? Why would it be badged?!
Old 04-04-2008, 11:38 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

They are still all "super quiet" because of the helical cut gears! Maybe you had a v1 badged as a v2?
i don't see why it would be badged or how it could be badged the way that plate is. i bought it used so maybe it was sent in for repair and they used the old gears that were in a v1. alls i know is my T isn't even a third of how loud the S was
Old 04-04-2008, 11:38 AM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

ORIGINAL: RedStarBelgrade

v1 badged as a v2? Why would it be badged?!
As in the serial number info bracket thingy on the top....
Old 04-04-2008, 12:55 PM
03sixbanger
Ryan's Backup Mod

i have seen a v1 badged as a v2
Old 04-04-2008, 02:01 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

i don't see why it would be badged or how it could be badged the way that plate is. i bought it used so maybe it was sent in for repair and they used the old gears that were in a v1. alls i know is my T isn't even a third of how loud the S was
Maybe thats what it was, v1 gears.
So it really was a v1 :P
Old 04-04-2008, 03:00 PM
RedStarBelgrade
BEWARE OF THIS SELLER. He will sell you junk and call you an idiot for falling for it. Know what you are buying! Admin

Ok guys now I need your help! I talked to this guy from AutoTech(on the phone tho) and he told me that he would need to take a look of S/C and see what has to be done.I told him it's a brand new still in a box anyways he said he will have to see it, and that is OK. He also said it might be neccessary to drill a hole and maybe do some other things. I understood that but I don't really know if it will have to be hole drilled or something else whatever. Can somebody tell me what is neccessary to be done so the sc can be installed, what are themain issues? Again I have a V6 01! Thanks!

Quick Reply: Just Bought Vortech Kit...and here it is!