V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Just Bought Vortech Kit...and here it is!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 03:11 PM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just Bought Vortech Kit!!!

ORIGINAL: RedStarBelgrade

Ok guys now I need your help! I talked to this guy from AutoTech(on the phone tho) and he told me that he would need to take a look of S/C and see what has to be done.I told him it's a brand new still in a box anyways he said he will have to see it, and that is OK. He also said it might be neccessary to drill a hole and maybe do some other things. I understood that but I don't really know if it will have to be hole drilled or something else whatever. Can somebody tell me what is neccessary to be done so the sc can be installed, what are themain issues? Again I have a V6 01! Thanks!
Do the install yourself.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:13 PM
RedStarBelgrade
BEWARE OF THIS SELLER. He will sell you junk and call you an idiot for falling for it. Know what you are buying! Admin

ORIGINAL: 02 Stang

Ok guys now I need your help! I talked to this guy from AutoTech(on the phone tho) and he told me that he would need to take a look of S/C and see what has to be done.I told him it's a brand new still in a box anyways he said he will have to see it, and that is OK. He also said it might be neccessary to drill a hole and maybe do some other things. I understood that but I don't really know if it will have to be hole drilled or something else whatever. Can somebody tell me what is neccessary to be done so the sc can be installed, what are themain issues? Again I have a V6 01! Thanks!
Do the install yourself.
Doesn't really answer my question but OK. I would if I knew how toand if I had a garage and some tools...I know it's nothing big needed but still!
Old 04-04-2008, 03:19 PM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

Doesn't really answer my question but OK. I would if I knew how toand if I had a garage and some tools...I know it's nothing big needed but still!
Trust me, if I knew anything about supercharger installs I would help. I've never attempted it though. One day I hope to be attempting an M112. Good luck!

I reccomend doing (or trying to do) everything yourself.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:29 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

make sure you schedule dyno time for tuning the following day if you plan to install it yourself.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:31 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

You have to tap the oil pan for the feed line.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:49 AM
tommy2273boy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VCS_SSSTANG

Dont need to do that with a Procharger
and Prochargers come intercooled
Old 04-22-2008, 09:32 AM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

ORIGINAL: tommy2273boy

Dont need to do that with a Procharger
and Prochargers come intercooled
Aha yes, you have to buy prochargers oil, some people forget to change it ever xxxx amount of miles, and you've gota love prochargers bearings failing all day long. Not to mention even with an intercooler and more timing (lower intake temps) they only seem to make 10-20more rwhp than the vortech setups.... I change my engine oil ever 2800 miles and I'm done, don't have to change the oil from my s/c also..... you were saying?
Old 04-27-2008, 04:22 PM
tommy2273boy
5th Gear Member

lol how was taping the oil pan and the eBay intercooler?

which Vortech makes the awful noise...all of them?

and yes changing the procharger oil is awful...a screwdriver for the top and hex for bottom.ahhhh! My girlfriend can do that!
and its every 6k miles, so thats every1 prochargeroil change for your 2.

(Sorry for the really late reply I forgot about this thread)[&o]
Old 04-27-2008, 04:50 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

and yes changing the procharger oil is awful...a screwdriver for the top and hex for bottom.ahhhh! My girlfriend can do that!

Awful noise? You mean the eargasim whine that every gear head loves? I mean gota love procharger bearings going out ever 6months and having to send it back in
Old 04-28-2008, 05:55 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Awful noise? You mean the eargasim whine that every gear head loves? I mean gota love procharger bearings going out ever 6months and having to send it back in
whine? vortechs don't whine, they whistle

Quick Reply: Just Bought Vortech Kit...and here it is!