MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-general-discussion-89/)
-   -   Gauge Pillar Q? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-general-discussion/433972-gauge-pillar-q.html)

RedStarBelgrade 04-16-2008 02:40 PM

Gauge Pillar Q?

I'm about to buy a gauge A-Pillar. I don't know shoud I get double or triple...I don't see any big difference, unless triple (maybe) looks better!

ESG-642T 04-16-2008 03:43 PM

RE: Gauge Pillar Q?

I don't see the need to buy one unless you have the need for gauges?

LilRoush 04-16-2008 03:57 PM

x2

RyansQuick6 04-16-2008 10:17 PM

get the one that holds as many guages as you need. What do you need?

RedStarBelgrade 04-16-2008 10:20 PM

ORIGINAL: VCS_SSSTANG

I'm getting my s/c installed in a week or two...but anyways it's gonna have to wait. I found that installation wont be cheap at all. However, they told me it would take couple of days to get s/c installed...I think thats crazy, its a day job it shouldn't take more than a day!

RedStarBelgrade 04-16-2008 10:36 PM

ORIGINAL: RyansQuick6

get the one that holds as many guages as you need. What do you need?
I dont know man thats why I asked.

RyansQuick6 04-17-2008 09:59 AM

boost, water temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, a/f, egt, clock lol?

ESG-642T 04-17-2008 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: RedStarBelgrade

I'm getting my s/c installed in a week or two...but anyways it's gonna have to wait. I found that installation wont be cheap at all. However, they told me it would take couple of days to get s/c installed...I think thats crazy, its a day job it shouldn't take more than a day!
Why pay to have it installed, its not hard at all -

RedStarBelgrade 04-17-2008 11:39 AM

I know man but thats not me....I can do something minor but this is "biggie" for me, plus the oil pan has to be tapped, than welded...I wouldn't risk. I wish I can find somebody who's not an "official mechanic" and have him do it, I'd rather pay a regular mustang lover than arrogant mechanic who said it would take 4 to 5 days! I will call brenspeed.com today and ask for an estimate....they are like 2 hours from me. It probably wont be cheap either but I'll try!

jthorn9 04-17-2008 12:40 PM

I know man but thats not me....I can do something minor but this is "biggie" for me, plus the oil pan has to be tapped, than welded...I wouldn't risk. I wish I can find somebody who's not an "official mechanic" and have him do it, I'd rather pay a regular mustang lover than arrogant mechanic who said it would take 4 to 5 days! I will call brenspeed.com today and ask for an estimate....they are like 2 hours from me. It probably wont be cheap either but I'll try!
Well aside from taping the oil pan, nothing about the S/C install is hard. It's just a matter or removing some bolts, taking your time, and following the instructions. It's the tuning that's a pain.

I'd only get the boost gauge and air to fuel ratio, if you insist on the third then make it the water temperature gauge to help monitor engine heat.