V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Whats really stopping you from getting a GT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 12:16 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Whats really stopping you from getting a GT?

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

whos not happy, right now im to drunk to care who has what mods or who has what done or whats better[8D] its a god damned mustang
lol i got a buzz goin too..and posting from the ****ter FTW haha..

but seriously tho roush..if the v6 is so damn high and mighty..and is that much better. Why on earth does ford keep pumping out special edition v8s? there is no replacment for displacement dude. i will say this though, if ford actualy does pull the trigger on the TT 4.0 in 2010 ill get one. hopefully it will be a forged bottom end and maybe ford will actually do something right this time.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:17 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]rolf copter at ford doing something right
Old 05-18-2008, 09:38 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: H0SS302
but seriously tho roush..if the v6 is so damn high and mighty..and is that much better. Why on earth does ford keep pumping out special edition v8s?
If the V8 was enough to sell Mustangs, why doesFord make a V6 at all? Oh wait, it's because that is what sells and keeps the line alive. The reason V8s are around is because people aredead set inan old way of thinking. It doesn't not take extra displacement to make power. It takes thought. If therewas no replacement for displacement,wouldn't the old 351 make more power that the newer 281? I mean come on, those dino motorsmake the same hp as a 3.8L V6 with good exhaust. Shoot even the beloved 5.0L 302makes the same hp ad tq as the 4.2L V6 from Ford.

As far as I know Ford only kickedout two or three "Special Editions".... so that isn't a lot. GT500,GT/CS and thesoon to be Bullitt again.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:09 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

if you haven't noticed, technology is getting more advanced, so smaller engines are making more power. hell, look at the M3. that's like a what, 4.2L making 400HP. as time goes on, they're gonna have smaller, faster v6's, as well as smaller, faster v8s. you really can't compare a newer 6 to an older 8. that's like comparing an S197 GT to a 1985 ferrari mondial pushing 214HP.[&:]

and not everybody buys a stang to upgrade it. that's why they offer a v8 GT option, and the special edition ones. those few people that want that extra unf without having to modify, just get the GT and call it day.

now, the newer mustang coming out.... i honestly don't know if i would want the v8, or the TT v6. especially if the v6 comes completely forged from the factory.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:11 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

ORIGINAL: VCS_SSSTANG

ORIGINAL: Mustang_princess

depends on the driver hun. everyone knows that. you should also.
some sixers stock can touch a stock gt. because of the drivers.
it wouldnt be as easy if the gt wasnt stock and the sixer was but it could be possible.
but its mostly the driver.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ill give you a head start, miss 1st 2nd 3rd and still beat you.. that is the most ludicrous statement EVER.
Can I take that race
if all u got is that park bench wing and 255 ur gonna be in for a LONG day bud
so let me know when you wanna run find a track in the middle of Sa and College Station
Old 05-18-2008, 09:58 PM
cwyates4
3rd Gear Member

I'll drive a full 6 hours to go kick his butt anytime. I'll do the the quarter, or we can autocross too. Let me know when your ready.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:29 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LilRoush

but seriously tho roush..if the v6 is so damn high and mighty..and is that much better. Why on earth does ford keep pumping out special edition v8s?
If the V8 was enough to sell Mustangs, why doesFord make a V6 at all? Oh wait, it's because that is what sells and keeps the line alive. The reason V8s are around is because people aredead set inan old way of thinking. It doesn't not take extra displacement to make power. It takes thought. If therewas no replacement for displacement,wouldn't the old 351 make more power that the newer 281? I mean come on, those dino motorsmake the same hp as a 3.8L V6 with good exhaust. Shoot even the beloved 5.0L 302makes the same hp ad tq as the 4.2L V6 from Ford.

As far as I know Ford only kickedout two or three "Special Editions".... so that isn't a lot. GT500,GT/CS and thesoon to be Bullitt again.
You are absolutely correct. The v6 line is what keeps the Mustang ALIVE!! I know you youngsters probably don't remember the Grand Nationals, (suped regal) but the guy who built my tranny has a twin turbo GN and that son of a bitch is a no joke. I saw him eat this monster chevelle up with no problem and the chevelle was running high 11's. People hear v6, and start bashing it beause there ignorant, plain and simple. People always talk **** about something they know nothing about, it's just how it is. I've said it before, and i'll say it again, GT owners frown upon the v6 because it's the base model and there barely above a v6.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:01 PM
SuPa StaLLiOn 7
2nd Gear Member

I was thinking about trying to sell my V6 now, since it's the summer and convertibles might be in high demand (or maybe I'm a wishful thinker). But I have a few knocks against my car. It's approaching 115,000 miles and I think my starter is going. But, I did install a brand new top this winter and I might include a brand new set of Cobra R rims if I sell it. If I do sell it, it's not really like I'm gonna need a new car right away, because I live in one of the 5 boroughs of New York and I'm going to school in Manhattan in September. The only thing is if I wanna go out, I won't have a car. I was thinking of getting a new or newer one when I was done with school in May. And if I'm gonna get a new one, I'm gonna go for a GT, not a V6 again. But the biggest thing is getting top dollar for my car, the body is in very good shape.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:35 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SuPa StaLLiOn 7

I was thinking about trying to sell my V6 now, since it's the summer and convertibles might be in high demand (or maybe I'm a wishful thinker). But I have a few knocks against my car. It's approaching 115,000 miles and I think my starter is going. But, I did install a brand new top this winter and I might include a brand new set of Cobra R rims if I sell it. If I do sell it, it's not really like I'm gonna need a new car right away, because I live in one of the 5 boroughs of New York and I'm going to school in Manhattan in September. The only thing is if I wanna go out, I won't have a car. I was thinking of getting a new or newer one when I was done with school in May. And if I'm gonna get a new one, I'm gonna go for a GT, not a V6 again. But the biggest thing is getting top dollar for my car, the body is in very good shape.
if your going to upgrade do it correctly and get something with 4 valves and 4 cams and potentially if you can afford it something thatwines like a spoiled 2 year old[8D]