V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Whats really stopping you from getting a GT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 01:23 PM
MACHJUAN
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Whats really stopping you from getting a GT?

ORIGINAL: NYstang

ORIGINAL: MACHJUAN

i see nothing has changed in the v6 section but memebers, same random why not a v8 topics with members butt hurt, OP get what you want man, who cares about gas we all need it so STFU and just fill up whats so hard about putting 150-200 dollars of gas in your budget guys?

Learnhow to budget your money

you have a puny 281 too[:-]

ill show you how slow mine is
[8D]
Old 04-29-2008, 01:29 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

nah, i respect 4v's. i just wouldnt sell my sixxer for a 2v GT. by the time its sold, and i buy a 01-04 GT in similar condition as my sixxer with the same mileage, i will be in for what i soldmy sixxer for, plus around 4k. I'd rather not go through the hassel, and just problow the sixxer or put that 4k towards school.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:50 PM
kc99stangv6
1st Gear Member

It's just a GT... then again it's just your money. You're 19, I'd say keep the six and save like mad then pay cash for your next car, but hey you can do w/e you want![sm=sleeping.gif]
Old 04-29-2008, 02:11 PM
ssv6ponypower
1st Gear Member

i got my v6 because of the fact it had really low mile 24k on an 04 and its a good car plus i can put some money into it and make it a little faster while saving up going to school and then when i graduate after a few years buy a brand new cobra or shelby and be completly happy with it with an 800 a month payment its going to suck to trry and do anything to your car or have fun in general when you have to work all the time to just pay it off
Old 04-29-2008, 02:26 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Well nothing is stopping me from getting a GT cuz I plan on jumping ahead to a Mach 1 or an 01 Cobra. As sum ppl may not know, last Christmas I was ran offthe road andmy car was totaled. Ive been saving up like a mad man and by July ill have enough to buy one with cash alone....yes we only live once but do it right and dont *** up your life or credit by not being able to afford your car payment and insurance. If you can afford the increase then by all means go for it.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:20 PM
knucklebuster

I'm 30, and I have a steady job in a career that I have worked in for 8 years. I own a home, have a wife and 6 yo daughter.I bought a v6 because everything about it is cheaper than a GT, everything including mods, insurance, payments, parts, tires (stock),gas, etc. Financially, it is a MUCH smarter move to buy cheaper, the next guy that blows his whole wad on a 8 banger can have fun pushing his car cause he can't afford gas. I guess I am older than most of you guys because I just don't get butt hurt when I see a GT. 6 or 8, they are all mustangs.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:52 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

you're barely older than me grandpa lol, but i feel the same way.

I came very close to buying a GT500 last year, just to keep in storage. I am sooooo glad Ipassed that deal up. It was gonna only cost me $1550 a month with no money down, 0% interest and it would be paid off in 3 years. ICAN afford to pay a car payment that high, and I looked at it from an investment standpoint, very long term. I'm glad i bailed on the deal because now there are dealers selling below sticker and still can't move them in some areas. Espescially since they are by no means a limited production, it's just making how ever many they can sell.

I'd rather have a car i'm more willing to enjoy, now. After planning out one investment car, I won't ever own a car I can't drive the hell out of until I can afford to have many cars that don't get touched at all. Saving what is now a "run-of-the-mill" GT500 just doesn't seem like a thrill to me, I have too many friends with them, so the nostalgia is wearing off quick, espescially when they all want to take a spin in my sixer lol
Old 04-29-2008, 05:03 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

i personally got a 6 because of insurance. im 20 and have an accident on my record so my insurance is about 200 a month. a gt would be about 330 a month. thats not a ton but while in school i cant justify it. i would love to have a v8 but when that time comes it will be a camaro. nothing against the mustangs i just like gm and the camaros more than ford and the mustang.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:08 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

I think it's funny that sixxer guys have dreams of a GT, GT guys probably dream of the cobra, and cobra guys wish they had a GT500. I say, be happy with what you have, we all have reasons why we bought the cars we own, but quit with the shoulda, coulda, woulda already. If you really want to upgrade, make it happen and quit crying about how GT's look down on you yada yada yada. I'll tell you a little secret, v6's are the only cars GT owners CAN look down on. My old neighbor used to crack me up with his lies all the time about his 96 GT. Oh yeah, it's so fast, it run's 11's blah blah blah. I'm like, yeah, what mods do you have. He tells me it's chipped with exhaust. He thought that car was SOOO Fast, I just laughed at him. He felt a little bit of torque and thought his car was the ****!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:17 PM
skidawgz
2nd Gear Member

only think i regret not buying a Bugati Veyron.

seriously, I don't care that I don't have a GT, you can make anything faster. I do however miss leather seats, a rear sway, and an LSD rear.

Quick Reply: Whats really stopping you from getting a GT?