V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Why V6?

Old 07-18-2008, 12:05 PM
toplesspony420
I ♥ Acer

Default Why V6?

So Im going to ask this question knowing that I run the risk of sounding like a dick. Why did you all get V6 Mustang's? I am not trying to make fun of anyone, just asking a serious question. If your getting a muscle car it's gotta be a V8, it has to have that certain rumble and feel when you hit the throttle and feel that big V8 pulling. If I were to get a v6 it'd prolly be a 350z over a stand anyday. So why a V6, is it just for looks....?
Old 07-18-2008, 12:09 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Default RE: Why V6?

well, i was driving a beat to hell honda at the time that i shared with my sister. but since she was at college, there werent problems. she came home, i needed a new car. moms boyfriend picked it out, loaned me the money. who was i to complain? I didnt mind it was a V6, since me and dad have the red car in the sig.

Ill admit, gas isnt a whole lot better- I average 21-22 city, 24-25 mixed and high 20's straight highway. not a whole lot better then a GT, but a little. i dont care though. but it is better then the F150 i came close to getting
Old 07-18-2008, 01:06 PM
diablodow

i bought mine for four grand you cannot beat that the body is in perfect shape and it is way better then the saturn SL1 I used to drive. It still looks mean and beats the ricers that run around town here.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:19 PM
cwyates4
3rd Gear Member

The most common reasons are probably:

A. all the parents would allow
or
B. cost, not just cost of the vehicle, but the higher insurance and higher gas expense.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:08 PM
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

yea at 15 my rents wouldnt let me get a gt but i really wanted a stang
even now im not sure if i could afford the insurance but after i hit 21 in a few then ill prob look at upgrading
Old 07-18-2008, 02:42 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

ORIGINAL: toplesspony420

So Im going to ask this question knowing that I run the risk of sounding like a dick. Why did you all get V6 Mustang's? I am not trying to make fun of anyone, just asking a serious question. If your getting a muscle car it's gotta be a V8, it has to have that certain rumble and feel when you hit the throttle and feel that big V8 pulling. If I were to get a v6 it'd prolly be a 350z over a stand anyday. So why a V6, is it just for looks....?
I disagree.

pulls plenty big v8s.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:44 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: toplesspony420

First of all, mustangs aren't muscles cars, they are pony economic sports cars. Even the v8, is not considered "MUSCLE", some will say the termi or whatever is a modern day muscle car, but it's supercharged from the factory so it's NOT in my BOOK!! I'm sure plenty of people would disagree with me, but that's ALRIGHT, OPINIONS vary!! Not that I wouldn't mind owning a termie, but mustangs have always been the average joe sports car, nothing special. You have to purchase a "special" mustang just to hang with an LS1!! The v6 actually keeps the mustangs producing, they sell way more v6's than v8's, saleens, cobras, etc... Some folks just want the looks of the mustang, not everyone is into going fast in a DD or average every day vehicle. I don't know about you, but I'd rather roll a mustang over a civic,corolla,saturn, etc.... ANYDAY!!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:01 PM
my94pony
4th Gear Member

i got my v6 cause i had 4300 left over from totaling my first car and i found my car for only 3k with 70k miles. since it was a good deal and i needed a car quick i picked it up the next day and forced myself to learn driving stick. and after a year of having it and now having enough money to sell my car and buy a v8 i still wont do it cause i love everything iv done to my car and dont wana start over ... one day ill get a gt but probably a cheap fox body and keep my v6 for a dd
Old 07-18-2008, 08:27 PM
cwyates4
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my94pony
one day ill get a gt but probably a cheap fox body and keep my v6 for a dd
I thought you were already doing that...?
Old 07-18-2008, 10:46 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

because the only v8 stangs worth owning are 4Vs that whine like spoiled 2 year oldsi really LOVED my v6, and had a choice of a GT coupe over my v6 vert a few times, just something about being different, now im saving up for another vehicle, if its another stang which is only a 50-50 shot, it will be a termi

my best memory in the stang at the track was agianst a saleen non-supercharged, he ran a 15 flat to my 15.8, obviously it was the driver, but the guys jaw hit the floor when he found out it was a lil old v6, plus it was my first stang that i baught off my dad, but i drove it a lot before i baught it off him, so the memories i have of it are priceless

i miss my v6[&o]

Search this Thread