V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Why V6?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 02:38 AM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Why V6?

ORIGINAL: toplesspony420

No idiot, Mustang's are, have always been, and always will be considered "Muscle Cars." I quote from a dictionary "is a term used to refer to a variety of high performance automobiles.[1][2] The term principally refers to American, Australian and to a lesser extent South African models. It generally describes a 2-door rear wheel drive mid-size car with a large, powerful V8 engine, and at an affordable price." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car) I included a link so that you could read up about muscle car's, as Im sure you don't know what your talking about with your V6er. Generally speaking a muscle car is known as an American sports car with a V8. It doesn't have to be a Corvette or a Viper to be a muscle car....and you wanna talk about the terminator.....oh no! So because a car comes stock with a blower its not a muscle car "in your book" do you not know that a good amount of people that own muscle car's throw blowers on them....from the 60's to even right now, so WTF are you talking about....you just honestly sound dumb. I'd love to teach you more about muscle car's if you want to find out just P.M me
Apparently, you didn't read the article all the way, and BTW I've read that article before. Here's a recap for the mentally challenged.

Muscle car is a term used to refer to a variety of high performance automobiles.[1][2] The term principally refers to American, Australian and to a lesser extent South African models. It generally describes a 2-door rear wheel drive mid-size car with a large, powerful V8 engine, and at an affordable price. Although opinions vary, it is generally accepted that classic muscle cars were produced in the late 1960s and early 1970s.[3][4][5][6] Muscle cars were built for street use and in some cases racing. They are distinct from sports cars and also from GTs, which are two-seat or 2+2 cars intended for high-speed touring/road racing. These are not generally considered muscle cars owing to their small size, relatively high cost and specialty nature. (The two-seater AMC AMX may or may not be an exception: one source queries whether it qualifies as a true muscle car or pony car,[7] but also lists it among vehicles that fit the general interpretation of both categories.[8] AMC was "never shy" about describing the car as "a genuine sports car"[9] as it was relatively inexpensive).[3] For a definition from the muscle car era, a 2004 book refers the reader to an extract from Road Test magazine’s June 1967 issue: "Just what is a Muscle Car? Exactly what the name implies. It is a product of the American car industry adhering to the hot rodder's philosophy of taking a small car and putting a BIG engine in it [...] The Muscle Car is Charles Atlas kicking sand in the face of the 98 hp weakling." The book’s author adds that the muscle car was designed for straight-line speed, and did not have the "sophisticated chassis", "engineering integrity" or "lithe appearance" of European high-performance cars[10] Opinions vary as to whether high-performance full-size cars, compacts, and pony cars qualify as muscle cars.[11] Classic muscle cars are also defined by age and country of origin. The term "muscle car" did not enter common usage until after production of the vehicles had essentially ended,[3] and American print media of the era commonly referred to them as "supercars".[12][13]

So where exactly is the mustang in this article? A powerful engine from FORD... Tell me you are joking right now. Yeah, if you bought a "special mach1 with a 429 in it!! Sorry, you fail, the mustang falls under economic sports car(as highlighted). Secondly, where does it say ANYTHING about a blower making it a muscle car. Muscle Cars are generally referred to as N/A motors with HUGE Horsepower, not the addition of a blower you CLOWN. Why don't you listen and learn before you run your mouth about something you obviously know nothing about(Google wikipedia look-up ). The "large" motors at an affordable price? Ford doesn't apply you "IDIOT"!! Anytime there is a big motor in a ford (past or present), it's a special edition, why don't you look up how many 429 Boss mach 1's there are, or how many 428 CJ's were made( special low production, doesn't apply). You just stepped in my backyard kid, I OWN A REAL MUSCLE CAR and have had SO MANY NEW FISH. You think because it says "american" car it makes the average mustang a muscle car. That's hilarious, Nice Job announcing your ignorance. If I were as stupid as you, I'd S-T-F-U so nobody would know about it!! DONE!!

P.S I guess every "american" mid-sized rear wheel drive car is a "MUSCLE CAR"!!
Old 07-20-2008, 02:43 AM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99GTvert

You have to purchase a "special" mustang just to hang with an LS1!!
lol

The termie will put an LS1 F-body away, stock for stock. A GT needs gears, driver mod, and a few more bolt ons to keep up with a STOCK one. A sixxer needs....

Quoting Wiki for **** about cars FTL...ugh [:@]

Unless some of you are young, or have ****ty driving records, I can't really see how much cheaper the sixxer would be on insurance. Gas is still relatively close in comparison.

Some of you are hilarious.

Ford put a supercharger on the 4.6 just to barely compete with Chevy!! A few bolt ons' done DEAL!! Thanks for making my point about a "special" edition mustang, just to compete with a n/a 350 LS1!!
Old 07-20-2008, 02:47 AM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

A muscle car is not specified by exactly how large of an engine you have....its a type or sports car, 4cyl turbo's (sti,evo) are called imports/ricers/tuners, american V8 sports cars are usually called muscle car's by just about anyone, Ferrari's are also V8's, have RWD, big powerful motors, but they're refered to as exotics...see where Im going with this, (U.S.A.)MUSCLE/(JAP)TUNERS/(EURO)EXOTIC....
Actually, a muscle car is referred to how large the engine is... at an affordable cost YOU JACKASS. I like how you read an article, then put it in YOUR OWN context!!

Now go crawl back in the hole you came out of, and NEVER COME OUT!! [8D]
Old 07-20-2008, 02:59 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

ORIGINAL: JKs95stang

Ford put a supercharger on the 4.6 just to blah blah blah
hahahaha, what does it take for your sixxer to even get into the picture?
Old 07-20-2008, 03:16 AM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

WAY TOO MUCH TIME AND EFFORT, not WORTH IT!!
Old 07-20-2008, 10:10 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I have a V6 because I didn't want to need a new block when making over 600 hp. :stir:
Old 07-20-2008, 10:37 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

...and? It's not like the transmission and rear end holds more than half.[8D]

they probably do, don't they?
Old 07-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LilRoush

I have a V6 because I didn't want to need a new block when making over 600 hp. :stir:
I love the arguement "The 3.8 block has never been broken" or "no amount of power have ever made the 3.8 block crack like the 5.0's."

Wow. Wonderful. Strong block. All that junk inside the block doesn't matter, though, right? That's all extra. As long as the block is really strong.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:53 AM
cwyates4
3rd Gear Member

The 3.8 block has never been pushed to what the 4.6 and 5.0 blocks have. There have been many 4.6 and 5.0 engines pushed upwards of 900 horsepower; no 3.8 has ever made it to that point, yet.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:17 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

...and? It's not like the transmission and rear end holds more than half.[8D]

they probably do, don't they?

quote:

[blockquote]quote:

[/blockquote]

Dude, you have a 99 Vert for GAWD SAKE, there a dime a dozen(5-6k all day in CA), get over yourself!! I love how GT guys always prove my point, coming into a Sixxer Section rantin' about there "fast" 99 GT VERT!!

I know, you have a v8 "American" rear wheel drive car, IT MUST BE A MUSCLE CAR!!