V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

EVERYONE READ THIS

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 05:27 PM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by arabianobsession
I hate to say this, but this is what happens when young and dumb kids get behind the wheel of a car like this and think they're invincible.....
you do realize that its not just kids. its a common misconception that people under 20 have more chance at wrecking. the most dangerous drivers are females between the ages of 21-35 yet teenage men pay the most for insurance.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:00 PM
arabianobsession
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo232
you do realize that its not just kids. its a common misconception that people under 20 have more chance at wrecking. the most dangerous drivers are females between the ages of 21-35 yet teenage men pay the most for insurance.
Yeah I do. But do you know how many kids I see driving their cars around at too fast speeds, dangerously close to death? I'm a 21 year old female, but don't think I'm the typical woman who is too busy chatting every waking moment on my cell phone or curling my hair or whatever.

There were 7 kids from my high school class who died within 2 years of each other in car crashes. 1 was killed in a 1999 Trans Am. 3 were killed in a 96 Mustang V6. 2 more in a Nissan 300ZX twin turbo. The 7th died in a turbo'd Celica. The police report from every crash said they were all well above 90 mph and crashed into a tree/pole or rolled over in a ditch, then into a swamp. All of these kids were between 17-19.

I know there are a lot of older, dumber drivers (mainly the idiots who can't get off their cell phones, my biggest pet peeve), but there is still a huge group of kids in or fresh out of high school who drive something relatively fast and do think they are invincible. At that age I had access to a Cadillac Eldorado, a Corvette, and a couple of other cars, but I never once thought nothing could touch me. I knew that in 2 seconds flat I could be a pancake, and doing something stupid wasn't worth my time.

And I didn't have super cheap insurance, either. Granted, it probably wasn't as high as the guys my age, but it was a huge chunk of my paycheck, and I had to pay it myself, no free rides from parents.

There are a LOT of clueless, horrible driving women, and I'm glad I'm not one of them. Just remember, there's plenty of horrible driving men as well (at least, here there are).
Old 06-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I hate stats. They are never right and people get paid to post them!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:30 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo232
. the most dangerous drivers are females.
i fixed, old people to, and the guy in the 50k plus audi/lexus/bmw, or the trashy person in the 20 year old civic, fact is, 70% of this country cant drive for ****, if you dont believe me come ride around with me in my tractor trailer for a day
Old 06-27-2011, 08:56 PM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman02232
i fixed, old people to, and the guy in the 50k plus audi/lexus/bmw, or the trashy person in the 20 year old civic, fact is, 70% of this country cant drive for ****, if you dont believe me come ride around with me in my tractor trailer for a day
drive in Atlanta for a day
Old 06-27-2011, 09:24 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
I hate stats. They are never right and people get paid to post them!!!
Exactly my friend. I more often see middle age men and women (maybe 30 to 50)- around rush hour, thinking they have divine right to not use indicators and speed past others.

It hurts me to see this because THEY are the ones with kids in the car- not me. THEY stand to lose so many innocent lives- despite their superman SUVs... Yet I'm the one keeping an eye out for their brash behavior, and driving defensively. Yet I pay, what, 1.5-2x as much for insurance? With all those good student/safe driver/no tickets discounts included...
Old 06-28-2011, 11:03 AM
arabianobsession
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman02232
Exactly. My town is the same way. So many idiots on the road, our "Beltline" is guaranteed to have at least one to two accidents on it PER DAY. And I live in a town of 200,000 people.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:26 AM
speedkills
3rd Gear Member

Almost everyone here drives like idiots..... The people on their cell phones are the worst, no matter their age.

If you want to see some really awful drivers drive around D.C and Baltimore, its horrible.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:03 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Springfield Missouri is by far the worst I have been through, and I have had to drive with a trailer through, in and around NYC!

Less than a month before we are back home in California.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:08 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Saw this today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkyRvW1cBB4

Quick Reply: EVERYONE READ THIS