V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Can anyone help me?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 09:21 PM
lespaul

Cool Can anyone help me?

New to the forum. I have an '04 anniversary 6 cylinder auto and I'm looking to get some better gas mileage. Any suggestions?
LP
Old 10-11-2009, 09:29 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Welcome to the forum! This question would be better asked in the V6 section of the forum.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:35 PM
CopNaStang
1st Gear Member

Make sure you have proper air in your tires. Make sure everything is tuned well. Plugs, air filter, fuel filter, spray your throttle body & MAF sensor to clean those up, and run some Techron fuel cleaner through your tank. If you are car savy and have at least 50K miles on your car, right before you change your oil, run seafoam through it (following directions). Change your oil immediately after following those directions. If you dont know what your doing then just dont do it. I have done it on several vehicles with super results, but have heard about people doing goofy things and then messing their car up somehow?? You can also change to full synthetic in your motor, tansmission, and rear will improve gas mileage a bit and gain back some horsepower that you lose through the driveline.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:10 PM
lespaul

Thanks for the reply! I heard that I could gap some platinum NGK's to 51 and use heavy duty plug wires to help. My friend said I would lose some idle but would perform well and really increase the gas mileage. He also told me I could go for one of those K&N filters.