V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

FML!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 12:44 AM
brent4
4th Gear Member

Default FML!!!!

As the title says FML!!!!!

I was headed home tonight doing about 60mph and out the corner of my eye I see a pitbull looking dog running full speed towards my driver side.....

after plowing over the b**** ( it was like poetry in motion as the dog never appeared to touch the ground after I hit it) I inspect my car and find out that the impact broke my driver side headlight clips, driver side fog light, and the bumper clip.

As of now it looks like I will have to retire my 01 front but I'm leaning towards the 03/04 cobra front .
Old 08-21-2010, 01:51 AM
19stang88
3rd Gear Member

you're horrible! you killed a pitbull and all you care is about your bumper!
Old 08-21-2010, 02:29 AM
Fink
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 19stang88
Maybe if the owner was more responsible with his/her pet then this would have never happened.

My brothers dog never leaves the house without a lease just for this reason. He will run straight across the street into the open lot.

Sorry for the car Brent. You can rebuild it, you have the technology.... hopefully.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:48 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your car.
I dont think a termi bumper would look as good as your 01' but you could always go back if you didnt like it either.

He didnt kill it, it committed suicide.
The owners should have had it inside the house or a fenced yard, not his fault.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:44 AM
brent4
4th Gear Member

F that suicidal dog that decided it wanted to end its life and the life of my front bumper last night. and so its clear I stop and checked on the dog to see if there was any thing that could be done for it, to see if it had a collar on, and woke up an older couple to see if they knew the owner. Found nothing about the owner and the dog was dead on impact.

idk if it was a pitbull for sure but it resembled one. could've been a mutt.

well I looked to and the tabs on the driver side of the front bumper are completely gone (the bolts even vanished). so get the tab welded back on is a negative.

Last edited by brent4; 08-21-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

I love animals. I've ran over 2 squirrels in my life of driving and felt awful about it. Last year though I ran over a dog on the highway. It didn't see me and I didn't see it till it was going under the front bumper. Oh lord I about threw up. i was so sick about it. Didn't even think of the car. I scooped it up and wrapped it in a warm blanket i had in the trunk for winter emergencies and headed to the vet. It died before I got there so I brought it home and buried it like I have my own dogs over the years. I still feel bad about it.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:47 PM
brent4
4th Gear Member

I am not a cruel person towards animals as I have dogs that I take care of and treat like children.

I found the owner today and apologized for hitting his dog and he admitted it was his neglect to me and the state trooper.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Sorry for the loss. But like you said you can upgrade now. Honestly thats the only way I was able to get the SSM heads, intakes, and TB for mine. The car broke, it was cheaper to fix I just might have forgot to mention the upgrades to the wife when she asked....

Matthew
Old 08-21-2010, 10:38 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

So is the guy paying for a new front bumper or what?
Old 08-22-2010, 01:26 PM
brent4
4th Gear Member

^ well he didn't volunteer to pay so I either have to use my insurance to cover it, pay out of pocket for a front bumper and head light or try and sue him.

I'm going to talk to my insurance agent tomorrow to see how bad it would raise my insurance if they covered it.

Quick Reply: FML!!!!