V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Replace Constant Control Relay Module, now stalls out

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 03:05 PM
Hank O'Hulahan

Question Replace Constant Control Relay Module, now stalls out

Hey guys, Sorry if a topic on this exists already couldn't find one.

I was having problems with temp gauge reading low and would raise into normal after being on highway but would always be at that bottom of normal. Also the fan would not turn on so i kept over heating. I have flushed coolant and replaced thermostat but no luck. I just replaced the CCRM and when the new one was installed i went to start the car witch worked fine no problem but than it sounds like it miss fires than stalls out. Plugged the old CCRM back in and now the old one has the same problem now. Also while over heating one of the header pipes was cherry read.

Now im stuck and not sure what to do about CCRM. Only thing i can think of to fix gauge an fan is the two temp sensors.

IN THE MEAN
Old 03-29-2017, 01:57 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Hank O'Hulahan

I was having problems with temp gauge reading low and would raise into normal after being on highway but would always be at that bottom of normal. Also the fan would not turn on so i kept over heating. I have flushed coolant and replaced thermostat but no luck. I just replaced the CCRM and when the new one was installed i went to start the car witch worked fine no problem but than it sounds like it miss fires than stalls out. Plugged the old CCRM back in and now the old one has the same problem now. Also while over heating one of the header pipes was cherry read.

Now im stuck and not sure what to do about CCRM. Only thing i can think of to fix gauge an fan is the two temp sensors.

IN THE MEAN
Red hot header is signs of a severe lean condition in that bank. That bad of a condition could burn a hole in your cylinder.

What's been done to the car around the time the problem started?

Do you have a OBDII scanner with live data display to check your fuel trims and timing? The stalling out is most likely caused by a vaccum leak. That would cause a lean condition. That could further be proven if your fuel trims are maxxed out on the side you are experiencing the super hot header.

Last edited by Derf00; 03-29-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:53 PM
Hank O'Hulahan

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Derf00
Red hot header is signs of a severe lean condition in that bank. That bad of a condition could burn a hole in your cylinder.

What's been done to the car around the time the problem started?

Do you have a OBDII scanner with live data display to check your fuel trims and timing? The stalling out is most likely caused by a vaccum leak. That would cause a lean condition. That could further be proven if your fuel trims are maxxed out on the side you are experiencing the super hot header.
I do not have OBDII with live data display, i know the o2 sensors where bad two of them came up on the scanner, no smells of gas or even running lean through the exhaust. as for the ccrm issue i never had this issue be for until i replaced ccrm almost positive its not a vacuum leak but ill check just to be sure. is there something in the ccrm that could have damaged another sensor? ive check ever fuse and relay in the boxes in car and engine bay all tested good. it almost sounds like i dont have a MAF plugged in when i start it
Old 04-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Hank O'Hulahan

Lightbulb Possible fix/Issue

Originally Posted by Hank O'Hulahan

IN THE MEAN
AFTER replacing thermostat, coolant temp sensor, coolant temp sender, ccrm, and doing coolant flush still having the issues. I've hard wire the cooling fan so it does not over heat but the temp gauge still never passes the N in normal on the gauge. also there is no pressure in the coolant hose after idling and after running there is very little pressure in the hose. I'm guessing water pump?