V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

installing digital guages for speedometer and tacometer HELLLLPPPP

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 01:26 PM
Clark0417

Question installing digital guages for speedometer and tacometer HELLLLPPPP

ok yall I'm new here but signed up in desperate hopes someone anyone can help me out with this nerve wrecking issue.....ok so here goes....
I have a 2008 mustang(duh lol)deluxe....I have purchased new digital gauges as mentioned in the title of this post that are for the speedometer and tacometer. I have them mounted on the old speedometer and tacometer cluster panel but am now stuck on how and where to connect the wiring and I have spent over a week now looking online for wiring legends or any kind of help matching the correct wires to avoid damage to my control panel or fuses or worse....so does anyone have the wiring legend I am in need of or can anyone help me out with this issue. PLEASE!!! you can contact me via email at bckwdzbrbi28@gmail.com or by text at 304-851-2269.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

http://iihs.net/fsm/?d=40

It's called a wiring diagram

Can't help you with which circuit is best but, generally speaking you want to go for one that runs off the accessory circuit like the cigarette lighter that only powers on when the car has the keys turned to 'On'.

http://iihs.net/fsm/?d=40&f=Horn,%20Cigar%20Lighter.pdf
Old 08-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Clark0417

thanks for that.....um....do you have any idea or knowledge on how I can get ahold of a wiring "diagram" (thanks for that correction yes I'm a girl and no I don't know all the correct terminology but I'm learning lol)
Old 08-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I provided you the links in my other post. Click on them, will take you right to the diagrams.

BTW, girl or not makes no difference The fact you're willing to learn is what matters. I grew up working in auto parts stores and shops. There was this girl that I worked with for a few years. She was in her early 20's and knew more about cars then that what I probably know even today (20 years later).

I used to love watching her deal with dumb **** dip****z guys that doubted her whenever she helped them or tried to get one of the guys to help them instead. More than once she put them in their place and even had a couple show up later on and apologize for doubting her.

P.S. It's unwise to post personal information on a public forum for anyone, especially for a girl/woman. You may get harassed.

PPS. I'm a little lost, you posted in the 99-04 V6 forum but you're asking of 08 diagrams?

Last edited by Derf00; 08-07-2017 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Clark0417

haha that actually sounds exactly like me I'm the only girl of 12 older brothers and my dad and brothers always have worked on anything from tractor trailer to small engine repair but I no longer communicate with the a holes bc theyre all bad news but yeah....some of us women are about more than just that feminist bull**** theyre always blabbing about these days haha
Old 08-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

This will get you started. Engine bay fuse block diagram 99-04 mustang, 08 diagrams were already provided above. There are people on here with better resources for the 99-04 mustangs that may help you out more if you need more details on the 99-04

As for feminism, Today it's an excuse for double standards. Women want to do have the opportunity to do everything a guy does but want the rules to be changed to accommodate them. That's not equal. The sexes are not equal. There are things women can do better than guys and vice versa. That's just nature.

Also being a gentleman shouldn't be a negative. feminists these days get butt hurt over a guy opening a door for a lady. Got nothing to do about an implied weaker sex or one that needs to be taken care of, it's called respect and admiration for the opposite sex.

Last edited by Derf00; 08-07-2017 at 03:13 PM.