V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Ignition Acessory Position

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Axe1313Man

Default Ignition Acessory Position

Hello. I am a newbie that just bought a 2004 Mustang Coupe V6 3.8L with a manual transmission.

What the normal operation of the radio is when you turn the key off before it goes into locked position. Is the radio supposed to shut off as soon you move the key towards you? Where is the accessory position of the ignition switch? My ignition switch seems to only have 3 positions: Locked, On & Start.

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:48 AM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Axe1313Man
Hello. I am a newbie that just bought a 2004 Mustang Coupe V6 3.8L with a manual transmission.

What the normal operation of the radio is when you turn the key off before it goes into locked position. Is the radio supposed to shut off as soon you move the key towards you? Where is the accessory position of the ignition switch? My ignition switch seems to only have 3 positions: Locked, On & Start.

Thanks for any help.
They seem to have done this in recent years. For example, my '04 Explorer has no accessory position, but continues to allow radio to play, windows to cycle, after key turned off, for 10 minutes. Then, all is dead. Turn key on momentarily, a new 10 minute window opens. The thinking behind this eludes me. imp