Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

turbo yay!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 09:14 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Default turbo yay!

sooo instead of saving lots of money, im gonna be building my own system.. ( project will probobly start when i finish off my semester at college this april).. i already know where i can get a turbo for cheap ( it was offered by a friend lol.. brand new thing never done anything with)i dont remember what it is tho. anywho so me and my friend are gonna be putting it together, (im in school right now in motive power tech so i got lots of theory behind me) and my friend is a truck and coach tech, and has done enough turbos to be good for life.. so we will be making up a custom setup, and blue print as we go, once im done, i may get in the business of selling turbo kits and installing them on mustangs... also a good friend of mine just came back from china and is now a intercooler , racing seat, and racing harness dealer.. once he gets on his feet more products will be coming from him.. so the point of that was a intercooler for cheap is also taken care of... all thats left is wastegate, BOV, and piping
Old 03-02-2006, 12:09 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: turbo yay!

That's a beautiful classic in your avatar pic!

Sounds like a great project! Let us know how it goes along the way!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:13 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

thanks bud , its something me and my dad started , nearly complete.. my dad just picked up a 73 barracuda for our next project... that will be his.

yeah ill definatly be showing pics of the prducts and the work as it goes along.. ill also have pics of my 05 when i take it back out of storage
Old 03-02-2006, 12:32 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

thanks bud , its something me and my dad started , nearly complete.. my dad just picked up a 73 barracuda for our next project... that will be his.

yeah ill definatly be showing pics of the prducts and the work as it goes along.. ill also have pics of my 05 when i take it back out of storage
Very cool, keep us posted. It will be nice to see what a custom job entails.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:45 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Very cool, keep us posted. It will be nice to see what a custom job entails.
definatly will... i just spent a few minutes looking over your site!, i was wondering if you had any more pics of your exhaust from underthe car say from the headers all the way to the rear end? im curious on how the down pipes line up with the Xpipe and the hanger for the drivers side mid-pipe...

listening to your sound clicps i like the sound of hte X pipe A LOT compared to the Y pipe.. so now im trying to think of a way to get that X pipe sound even with a single outlet from the turbo..
Old 03-02-2006, 09:31 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

good news.. my friend from china is getting the factory he hooked up with to make piping!
Old 03-03-2006, 09:59 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

so whats gonna suck about the turbo aplication.. is that im gonna lose the classic mustang sound... theres gonna be no exhaust pulse out the rearend to get that mustang sound.. ill sound like a honda... lol a fast honda
Old 03-03-2006, 10:07 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

so whats gonna suck about the turbo aplication.. is that im gonna lose the classic mustang sound... theres gonna be no exhaust pulse out the rearend to get that mustang sound.. ill sound like a honda... lol a fast honda
Really!?!?!?!??!?!?!

I'm not sure about that man. I mean, props to you for being original and trying a different route, but no mustang sound. I personally couldn't live without it.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:11 PM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

you might be able to go sans mufflers using the turbo(s) to muffle it. Put resonators on it and go!
Old 03-03-2006, 10:11 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Really!?!?!?!??!?!?!

I'm not sure about that man. I mean, props to you for being original and trying a different route, but no mustang sound. I personally couldn't live without it.
yeah its gonna sound different for sure, the turbine itself acts as a baffle, lol but the nature of the car wont really make it sound like a pissed off bumble bee.. but its gonna be different

who was it on this site that said they took a ride in a turboed 05?? i wanna ask how it sounded

Quick Reply: turbo yay!