Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Finished Installing my Stage II ProCharger!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 08:34 AM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Default Finished Installing my Stage II ProCharger!

All I can say is... WOW!

I actually finished yesterday, but didn't have time to drive it. The car is a monster! The best part is, I know there's still room in the tune, and this is only with the 7 psi pulley. I should be getting the 9 psi one any day now.

George at RPM Outlet is working on a custom tune. For now, he just sent me their stock ProCharger/V6 tune. I've been tasked with doing some data-logging for him, so he can fine-tune everything for me. I asked him to wait until I got the correct pulley on so I can get it right.

He also wants me to do a dyno run, and asked for me to schedule it with him so they can be available to tune, though I'm not sure what he meant. I'll find out tomorrow, since I didn't get his e-mail until late in the afternoon.

Looking back, the install wasn't too hard. Time-consuming... yes. Difficult? Not really. The hardest part was getting the tubing from the inlet of the IC to the outlet of the blower. It was a tight fit, but came out quite nicely.

Installing the injectors was a bit of a pain, too... mostly because they still leaked all over the place, even after bleeding the fuel system.

The TrueTrac and the ProCharger are a great combo! Even so, I still am all over the place if I jam the gas while making a turn. I'll have to take it easy for the next few days.

During normal driving, the boost is just there... kinda lurking in the background. I start to feel it at 3000, but it doesn't really start kicking in until 4000 or so. Since I'm at such a high altitude, I plan on working closely with the tuners at RPM Outlet to see if the 11 psi pulley is something I can run safely. I have a feeling I can, simply because of the lack of air here. It may help to make up for some of the power loss associated with this altitude. I would most likely have to change it back if I go back to sea-level, though.

Without further ado, here are some pictures. If you have any questions, please... fire away!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:41 AM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Finished Installing my Stage II ProCharger!

Mandatory pictures...

Old 03-03-2006, 09:38 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Man congrats!!!!! I decided to skip the nitrous route and head straight for the SC, heck im not doing any other mod to my car untill that gets dont first!! Don't know which SC to go with yet though. How much did the kit cost you alone with tax? How long do you think it will take you too pay off all that? I just paid off my 32" LCD HD TV ($1872.00) in about 2 months, Im hoping I can save up like meybe $3000 cash in the next 3 or 4 months and charge the rest to plastic lol

Heck yea I can only imagine. I want a SC sooo bad!!! It hurts. I feel like its a waste to do anything other than CAI or exhaust to your car.

exhaust - about $800
CAI - for me about $375
Tuner & tune about $600

That right there is almost $2000, $1000 away from my goal of the amount of cash saved that I want to spend on the SC. every penny go's to my Supercharger fund from now on. Might take a while but Rick will have one oh yes Rick will have one!!!!! lol lol lol

By the way Nice install you saved a gang of money doing it your self, wish that was an option for me.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:09 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Right on man, props to you for installing it yourself. Can't wait to hear what it's like after you get a tune for it.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:23 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

What a feat to do the install yourself! Congrats and your skill, patience... and all those ponies under your right foot!
Old 03-03-2006, 02:35 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

thats pretty frikken slick!!! i like it! i got a factory in china currently building me piping for an intercooler set up for a turbo
Old 03-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

nice s/c dude.

Blackfoot, let me know if you are gonna sell your custom turbo kit, and if its better than the Powerhouse i might consider it
Old 03-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Nice work Flapjack! It looks great. What would you estimate for the number of hours on installation? I love how all the SC manufacturers quote around 4 to 8 hours install time, yeah right!
Old 03-03-2006, 09:55 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

nice s/c dude.

Blackfoot, let me know if you are gonna sell your custom turbo kit, and if its better than the Powerhouse i might consider it
well it will be mid summer by the time everything is complete.. it got my hands on a T3/T4 (its kind of too small for the aplication but its all i got right now) i have to go to midas to get the Y pipe fabricated for the turbo. and im waiting on the intercooler and piping.. the intercooler i can have as fast as next week, but ill wait and have it shiped all one shot , its cheaper on shipping that way.. and the long wait is because the factory is comming up with the design
Old 03-03-2006, 09:58 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

nice s/c dude.

well it will be mid summer by the time everything is complete.. it got my hands on a T3/T4 (its kind of too small for the aplication but its all i got right now) i have to go to midas to get the Y pipe fabricated for the turbo. and im waiting on the intercooler and piping.. the intercooler i can have as fast as next week, but ill wait and have it shiped all one shot , its cheaper on shipping that way.. and the long wait is because the factory is comming up with the design
You are a true pioneer for the 4.0 man, my hats off to ya. Continue to keep us posted.

@flapjack,

I'm duely impressed, that is one beast of a car you have. Right on man!!!

Quick Reply: Finished Installing my Stage II ProCharger!